T20 World Cup Bangladesh

This was also New Zealand's highest ever successful chase in T20 cricket.

Actually that was only the highest run chase by NZ in a T20 world cup. Our highest run chase was 201 against Zimbabwe in 2012.

It got a bit hairy there but massively relieved to get the win! Am relieved that they selected a better side this time. Neesham should always have been playing for Munro. I'd bring Southee back in depending on conditions in the next match.

Well we still can't play spin in the sub-continent and we can't beat Sri Lanka in a world cup. It's getting real old. Oh well...slightly cheered up by the fact that the Dutch beat England again.

Well we still can't play spin in the sub-continent and we can't beat Sri Lanka in a world cup. It's getting real old. Oh well...slightly cheered up by the fact that the Dutch beat England again.
The sad thing is that Williamson wasn't even part of the original planning for the WC, it was only due to Ryder's idiocy that he made it, likewise for Boult who benefited from Henry and Milne's injuries. We've got the players for the shorter formats I guess we just need them playing more against spin. The good news is that we now know that Williamson and Boult are now good enough for T20 which should make selections a bit easier in the future.

Felt sorry for Guptill, in other countries when you're out of form someone else takes your place in NZ there's normally no one else who can no matter how bad you're going.

Australia ended up winning fairly easily. Bangladesh got to 5/153 but that was short of what was needed on that deck. Australia passed the Tigers' score without much trouble thanks to a fast start from David Warner and Aaron Finch and won by seven wickets with 15 balls remaining.

Aaron Finch was Man of the Match and has been Australia's best player in the tournament.

The final group game is on at the moment, West Indies vs Pakistan with the winner getting a semi final berth.

West Indies are 2/42 from seven overs. Chris Gayle was out early for just five whilst Devon Smith didn't fare much better with eight runs.

Windies really struggling now at 5/81 in the 14th over. No-one has been able to get going for the West Indies while Pakistan have bowled very well.

Pakistan needs some serious meds here.... 35 for 4 after 10 overs...,, Still needs 132 in 60 balls :cool: .... I can almost see their future.... :) they lose :D

West Indies qualifies for semi-final... wins by 84 runs... Pakistan made 82. That's what West Indies made in the last five overs :D

Last edited:
Thought West Indies were done at 5/81. But the Dwayne Bravo and Darren Sammy show came to town again and saved them once more.

Windies hitting really good form too after beating Australia. They're a real dark horse I reckon.

First Semi Final: Sri Lanka vs West Indies at Dhaka (1pm GMT)
Second Semi Final: India vs South Africa at Dhaka (1pm GMT)

I'd like to see South Africa win something but I've also always had a soft spot for West Indies so I'd be happy either way.

Having said that...it'll probably end up being Sri Lanka and India...

Back