Are Kashmir willow any good??

Re: Are Kashmir willow any good??

but if the kashmir bats are cheap why look after them?

use them, break them, get another one!

pak_god said:
but if the kashmir bats are cheap why look after them?

use them, break them, get another one!

If you can do that then you're a lucky chap, not all of us are made of money.

If you're feeling generous I'll have 2 full sized bats, please.

pak_god said:
i dont know, you say they're chaep now they are not, make your mind up  ::)
When did I say they are cheap? You dont live in India so you dont know how much they cost for us. I use Kashmir willow because English willow bats are not affordable for me.

got a question about kashmir willow bats lol - i last brought one in about 2004 and that was the red slazenger v600 i think : \ but the edges were really thin (like most bats back then) and the middle wasnt very good because it was kashmir willow id guess, but has anyone purchased a kashmir willow bat with big edges and the same shape as a grade 1 2 or 3 bat just with kashmir willow instead ? and does anyone know if you can get hold of big named companys eg slazenger, kookaburra, woodworm, gn, gm ect...

Big named companies in my experience only do English Willow, if you see a big named company on a Kashmir bat, its likely to be fake.

Although those kiddy sets can be Kashmir i think.

oo ok, ive got my grade 2 woodworm now anyway, just wanted to know if main companys are makin kashmir bats the same shape as their grade 1 2 and 3s : \

As we all know English willow bats give best performance etc., etc.

Let's focus on how to get the best out of your Kashmir willow bats.
- First off, never let others use it. Others tend to pinch hit with a bat that is suitable
- Care - proper and regular oiling, storage, bat cover and good knocking in, do NOT oil the splice (where the handle meets the top of the bat)
- Protect the bat face with appropriate fiber tape
- Get toe guard. You don't want to hit the bat on the pitch without one
- Avoid to the max driving yorkers. You might crack the bat for sure.

I play for Brazil (I know, we're not known for cricket) and have always used Kashmir willow bats. Never had a problem.
So, you can still get good performance for far less $$$.

sunny, welcome to the forum!

What is cricket like in Brazil? Also, what team/s are you playing for?

I believe that it all depends on whether u get a good piece of wood i had a kashmir willow slazenger and i scored plenty of runs with it but i can see that english willow is much better now that i own one.

Well i have a kashmir willow David Warner KABOOM and its the best my first game with it got my hight score 178 n.o but i knocked it in for 3-5 hours . I had a couple of English willow ones a couple of games later they have a crack even my newest one the kookaburra crazy beast so i recomend kashmir willow if u take care of it it will last u a few years

Big named companies in my experience only do English Willow, if you see a big named company on a Kashmir bat, its likely to be fake.

Although those kiddy sets can be Kashmir i think.
I have a gray nichols KABOOM and its real ao thats were u r wrong

got a question about kashmir willow bats lol - i last brought one in about 2004 and that was the red slazenger v600 i think : \ but the edges were really thin (like most bats back then) and the middle wasnt very good because it was kashmir willow id guess, but has anyone purchased a kashmir willow bat with big edges and the same shape as a grade 1 2 or 3 bat just with kashmir willow instead ? and does anyone know if you can get hold of big named companys eg slazenger, kookaburra, woodworm, gn, gm ect...
well if u live in australia i recommend getting a bat from triforce sports NSW or rebel sports thats where i got mine from

I have used both Kashmir and English willow bats and though the English willow was costly, it was bang for the buck .... But I have seen players going good with kashmir willow too, and as somebody pointed out, I think it depends on how you maintain it.. Currently I am using a Puma Ballistic 4000 for a year maybe which is an english willow...

I've had a bat I bought 2nd hand for years - Slazenger V12 it's lasted ages before eventually breaking. Just bought another one for £25 ($53) in Australia. Just spent a week or so preparing it before use - oiling, knocking in and repairing the damage that occurs during the knocking in stages - bit of a steep learning curve (See here) but hopefully this one like it predecessor will now last a good few years?
http://mpafirsteleven.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/knocking-in-and-preparing-kashmir.html

I read all your posts and wanted to know i just brought these bats off ebay for next season am i wasteing my money

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-27-22-00-27.png
    Screenshot_2015-07-27-22-00-27.png
    215.8 KB · Views: 5
Back