The Lounge

Yeah there's been a few cold nights lately as well and a few more to follow in the next few days.

Our woodstove is pretty good. If we used reverse cycle we'd need to turn more than one to heat the house plus with the fire the house stays heated for longer.
Must be freezing over there for you blokes, what is it 10 degrees centigrade?

Must be freezing over there for you blokes, what is it 10 degrees centigrade?
Haha.

It's actually -0.4 C right now this morning believe it or not where I live 250km west of Perth with a frost on the lawn. We I guess feel it a lot more because we only get cold weather for a couple of months of year.

Last edited:
What do you blokes reckon to Englands performance in the world cup - seeing as you're pretty neutral?
Pretty funny as you didn't do much better than us and it's your national sport with a country 5 times the size, over here it's the 3rd most popular football code ;)

TBH I don't really follow the game that much really, although I did stay up to watch our game against Holland but missed Cahill's goal going to the toilet lol.

What do you blokes reckon to Englands performance in the world cup - seeing as you're pretty neutral?

I thought they did okay... Sterling looks like a good player in the making. I kinda expected them to do really well just because the media weren't putting as much pressure on them this time around.

Can't wish for everything I guess lol.

I admire the skill of the players and will watch the occasional game but it would do my head in following the game seriously.

It's so boring. I've watched maybe two games in my entire life

The Socceroos are so bad, I'm not even sure why so many people jump on the bandwagon. It's funny watching people argue the tournament was a success for them when they finished last and conceded nine goals.

It was a nothing performance, with nothing gained.

You blokes should play the long game. Whatever Belgium have done to produce so many good players in a short period, is exactly what should be done. I hate Liverpool. But I'll accept them doing well enough to get Brendan Rodgers the experience to then coach the national team.

7-1 lolol.
Brazil looked like the England team!!! I was gutted for the Germans conceding that goal at the end, I wanted to see them stuff them 9-0 a goal every 10 minutes. These blokes get paid far too much for 'Entertainment/sport' hopefully they'll feel the pain of their nation? No doubt they'll all slope off back to their mansions and not be affected that much by what has happened? Maybe they'll never play for Brazil again, but they'll still continue playing for their clubs earning obscene amounts of money for doing what appears to be very little.

Seeing the game for the first time with the replay on now it's just bizarre, it's like they chucked some yellow shirts on a bunch of A-League players got them go out there and play against the world's best lol.

That's a product of having the majority of our posters from Australia and New Zealand. If we could get some English posters on here that'd be good.

Back