Eca

From $25k+ at Keilor, Airport West and Hoppers Crossing to $0 at Barnies??? Hahahahaa!

Canterbury obviously throwing the money round if they a D1's opening bowler (they don't come cheap, trust me!), even though I have it on good authority that Mash's pay will barely cover petrol.

Also guys, out of interest because for the first time in a while the club I'm associated with hasn't signed an overseas player through an existing contact, what would the going rate be for a good, young, probably County 2's player? I.e. a Taylor or a Shaw? In the past, we've covered flights and accommodation and then paid fairly meagre incentives but paid them quite well for coaching time or helped them to find some part time work (hospo / labouring / data entry etc). However, we're finding that blokes who are just "good" league cricketers (which is subjective in itself, because of the differing standards of leagues over there) want flights, accom and $5k upfront just for landing here. That's $10k down before they even pick up a stick in anger, which is just too risky for a club like mine...

Taylor was an absolute star and Shaw is rubbish. They should never be mentioned in the same sentence.
Who thinks the O'Shea pickup will work for Deep? Massive chance to backfire even if it is for nothing.
Bulleen going for a full 11 of district players? Good luck to them although some may have retired.

Not sure hoe Bears can fit a new paid player in as they will be paying Parsons and O'Shea.
Clubs who spoke to O"Shea have said he wanted money from clubs.

I have heard from a source close to him is that he was in talks with only one club and that was in the box hill comp. He decided to go to back to deepdene because he wants play in a flag. He is not getting paid a cent and he left premier because of work commitments.

Also Darryl Brown I believe part of his deal is an all inclusive family trip to the Maldives as the barnies have pull with the royal family

Watto. ECA clubs spoke to O'shea I can guarantee even if to see what he wanted. He wanted. Not big bucks but bucks.
Canterbury/Surrey will be big games. I also hear 2 Captains may move. All hush at moment.
When I hear of the amounts clubs pay in airfares accomm base figure agents fees etc I wonder why they do not look at some of the senior local comps.
I hear an experienced ex ECA administrator may nominate for the ECA Exec by annual meeting. He is excellent but takes no prisoners and will add some much needed voice of reason.

When I hear of the amounts clubs pay in airfares accomm base figure agents fees etc I wonder why they do not look at some of the senior local comps.

It's an interested point you make - my club is shelling out at least the equivalent of $6k by providing flights and accommodation for an internation player for 2014/15. I presume there are also some playing payments in there, so let's say $8k total. Whilst it's probably harder to pick your targets, and actually wrest a player from their existing club, at least you'd know for sure where they sat in terms of standard rather than being a bit blind as we are with the internationals.

ADHD no cigar but Mayor you might be on the money. If you are thinking same as me he is not always popular but is good a good administrator/leader.
Our club sought his help once and found him really good to deal with. I hope those pushing him to nominate are successful as we need more leadership at the top. Joel sheldon is a mate of the Box Hill captain but wont be good enough to play above 2s.
Watcher. Would not think you would get change out of $10,000 if you bring him from UK. Players around minor counties are difficult to rate unless someone from your club has played with them over there.

Sounds like a great pick up for A turf team.
All seems quiet at the moment. The merger falling over is the only cricket matter of note.
Interested to see if any new players are coming to Dunstan.
Heard that Mazenod have issues and may go back to a synthetic comp. Anybody heard anything about that?

Heard that Mazenod have issues and may go back to a synthetic comp. Anybody heard anything about that?
I did hear a rumour that they were struggling to get the whole thing rolling this year. I do hear a lot of rumours from this source and while he's normally pretty accurate it's still just a rumour.

Thought it might be ground and club viability issue. I also think the school is not being particularly helpfull.
School is the main issue. Not interested in seeing the Mazenod Old Boys play cricket. Footy is fine, because they play at Central Reserve.

Also heard that Sheldo and his mate Gloury may have had a bust up and might return back to Barnies if he can't find another club!

St. Paul's Glen Waverley, runners-up last season in Menzies Shield in the SDCCL, have advice on their website that their members have voted to apply to move to the ECA this season.

Back