Playing Balls On Body Line

shahidpak

Its been a long time i haven't posted anything !

I went out to practice with my brother and my friends. When i was batting really well to the fast bowlers. But my friend bowled a slower ball bouncer i tried to hook/pull it but it hit my chest. It hurt me a lot :confused::mad::p.

And when he bowled a full bowl on my legs i didn't feel comfortable and played it throughmid wicked but it was more of a defensive shot towards mid wicket. I felt i could play that towards fine leg.

SO can you tell me any drills to practice batting to leg side delivery.

I already hve a lmiddle/leg stump guard to play more on the off side because i play well throughthe off side.

Thanks Shahid

Its been a long time i haven't posted anything !

I went out to practice with my brother and my friends. When i was batting really well to the fast bowlers. But my friend bowled a slower ball bouncer i tried to hook/pull it but it hit my chest. It hurt me a lot :confused::mad::p.

And when he bowled a full bowl on my legs i didn't feel comfortable and played it throughmid wicked but it was more of a defensive shot towards mid wicket. I felt i could play that towards fine leg.

SO can you tell me any drills to practice batting to leg side delivery.

I already hve a lmiddle/leg stump guard to play more on the off side because i play well throughthe off side.

Thanks Shahid

You need to make sure you are correctly rotating to address balls on the line of your stumps and your legs. Your feet should be pointing straight down the pitch and you should have your weight forward so you can play the ball out in front of your pads.

I see too many people try to play the ball towards square leg with their feet still aiming at cover. That ain't ever gonna work.

Also be careful not to play across the line; even when playing towards square leg the bat should still come through as straight as possible and then let the wrists to angle the ball squarer.

Back