Big Bash League 2014/15

Picking on WA?

I don't think CA are happy all three finals have been played in Perth.

It's going to be funny the reaction if both the Melbourne teams are in the final or both the Sydney sides. Or perhaps one of each.

Who's Chris Gayle playing for this time? Still the Thunder?

No-one at this stage. The Big Bash clashes with West Indies' tour of South Africa which runs from 10 December 2014 to 28 January 2015. He'd be unavailable for the entire tournament.

No-one at this stage. The Big Bash clashes with West Indies' tour of South Africa which runs from 10 December 2014 to 28 January 2015. He'd be unavailable for the entire tournament.

Has this been confirmed? West Indian players have chose lucrative cricket leagues over the WI team since these leagues offer them more money. So I doubt Gayle or the other players will miss the BBL.

Has this been confirmed? West Indian players have chose lucrative cricket leagues over the WI team since these leagues offer them more money. So I doubt Gayle or the other players will miss the BBL.

Very few have signed and some clubs have already secured their two international players. Only two West Indian players have signed, Dwayne Smith who hasn't played for West Indies for two years and Darren Sammy who recently quit test cricket. I think the main reason we had a lot of them here last time was due to a payment dispute with the WICB and that seems to have been resolved.

I reckon the only way Hogg would retire would be if he karked in on the field or something lol.

I believe he has said this season will be his last.

Very few have signed and some clubs have already secured their two international players. Only two West Indian players have signed, Dwayne Smith who hasn't played for West Indies for two years and Darren Sammy who recently quit test cricket. I think the main reason we had a lot of them here last time was due to a payment dispute with the WICB and that seems to have been resolved.

I

http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-...-dwayne-bravo-joining-the-melbourne-renegades

http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-videos/2014/10/02/strikers-add-pollard-for-three-years

Whilst Smith and Sammy surely will not figure in the test side they are instrumental in the T20 side which coincidentally against South Africa are scheduled to play on the 9th of Jan 2015, BBL round 6 will be around the same time..............

http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-...-dwayne-bravo-joining-the-melbourne-renegades

http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-videos/2014/10/02/strikers-add-pollard-for-three-years

Whilst Smith and Sammy surely will not figure in the test side they are instrumental in the T20 side which coincidentally against South Africa are scheduled to play on the 9th of Jan 2015, BBL round 6 will be around the same time..............

Some good signings. The guys still playing international cricket may make themselves available for international games and only play part of the BBL. Jos Buttler did this last season and played a few games for the Renegades before joining the English national team for the one-dayers and T20's.

He's going to die???

Haha, no chance but I think Hogg may have realised that he is 43 and time is catching up. Also have to remember he has been playing in tournaments around the world the last couple of years and they may be taking its toll.

It's funny when T20 first started they thought it would be a young man's game and that spinners would struggle in the format, it's ended up being the complete opposite.

Played exactly 100 T20 games with a highest score of 100 not out, an average of 30.89 and a strike rate of 120.61. So not too bad overall.

Funny how some players can be very slow at the longer stuff and have high strike rates in the T20s. Kallis comes to mind even though his Test strike rate probably increased towards the end of his career.

Well surely Carbattery can't be any worse than our other Poms Paul Collingwood and bloody Sajid Mahmood.

Full squads have been updated. First game is tomorrow between Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars at the Adelaide Oval.

Back