India In England 2014

England 6 for 186. If the can keep England to something 250 or less hopefully India can stay in the game, need to get Root early.

6/237 now although rain has ruined most of the day, it was smashing it down a couple of hours ago. England still in a strong position though and will be hoping to build on their lead when play resumes either later today (unlikely) or mostly likely tomorrow.

And done for the day. Forecast for Saturday is good but on Sunday rain is expected with more showers for Monday.

8/347 at the moment, Buttler scored 70 and Root was out for 77. Stuart Broad was whacked on the nose by a bouncer from Varun Aaron and retired hurt after hitting two consecutive sixes.

England were bowled out for 367. In reply India are 6/105, Moeen Ali has wreaked havoc again with three wickets while Anderson has another two to his name. Dhoni has top score with 27 not out at the moment with India still needing 111 to make England bat again.

Jos Buttler has settled well into Test cricket hasn't he. I expected for him to take some time to get use to the change.

If it was anyone but India he would probably have found it harder to make runs. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't know how anyone can go out to bat, with a helmet that the ball can get through it and break you nose. That's the point of wearing the helmet!

England won by an innings with only 10 fit players plus a fielding substitute for Broad. India were eventually bowled out for 161, handing England victory by an innings and 54 runs. Broad was named man of the Match for his 6/25 in the first innings.

The fifth and final test begins at The Oval on Friday. Broad has suffered a fractured nose as a result of the hit but looks set to play with a face mask for the final game.

The fifth test is underway. England won the toss and chose to bowl and with good reason since the conditions have suited the bowlers so far.

India have collapsed to 9/117 with only Dhoni showing any resistance with 57 not out so far. Two other batsman managed to make it to double figures in what has been a clinical bowling performance by England. The pace battery has done the damage with everyone getting amongst it including Woakes and Jordan who have three wickets each.

This last wicket partnership between Dhoni and Ishant Sharma has been worth 27 though and is at least showing some fight.

I honestly don't know how anyone can go out to bat, with a helmet that the ball can get through it and break you nose. That's the point of wearing the helmet!
The wire grill is only about 2.5mm/3mm in diameter, the balls travelling near enough 90 mph, so is always going have a chance of wedging itself in between the grill at that speed and making partial contact as it did with Broady? More grill, e.g. narrower gaps, or maybe thicker steel is always going to mean less vision, so there's a compromise between bigger gap, more vision, but slightly increased chance of the ball squeezing through? I'm going to have a look at replacement grills now...

Wow India really, really embarrassing themselves here.
Agreed. From what I saw of last nights play though, England were using the bowler friendly conditions to perfection.

India's tour to date can be summed up by Dhoni's poor wicket-keeping and India's horrendous fielding.

Wow India really, really embarrassing themselves here.
tbh really disappointing I would say that India had the better batting line up and england had the better bowling line up but for india to go down like this I never even imagined this. Good to see cook come back to some form.

Back