The Lounge

Not a bad lifestyle. Last summer, travels all over Australia, hosting the big bash. The off to Russia to host the Winter Olympics. Hosts the Grand Prix. Brazil, not working, attending as a supporter. The Glasgow to host the Commonwealth games. Hard to believe Lachlan Murdoch actually did something good at C10!

Nobody wants to know about my motorkhana participation? :( I'm running second in both classes atm (Class C - big front wheel drive cars. And the Novice driver class), 6 rounds down of 10. I have disc brakes all round my. Which is a disadvantage, compared to cars with drum brakes, because you can't handbrake turn effectively. I'm still a chance to win the Novice class, the points a tight!

There, I said it! I am a gun! :oops:

Not a bad lifestyle. Last summer, travels all over Australia, hosting the big bash. The off to Russia to host the Winter Olympics. Hosts the Grand Prix. Brazil, not working, attending as a supporter. The Glasgow to host the Commonwealth games. Hard to believe Lachlan Murdoch actually did something good at C10!

And hot. And single too apparently.

Nobody wants to know about my motorkhana participation? :( I'm running second in both classes atm (Class C - big front wheel drive cars. And the Novice driver class), 6 rounds down of 10. I have disc brakes all round my. Which is a disadvantage, compared to cars with drum brakes, because you can't handbrake turn effectively. I'm still a chance to win the Novice class, the points a tight!

There, I said it! I am a gun! :oops:

Sounds pretty cool, is there much racing involved? Or is it more time-trial related in order to get the lowest time.

A guy who plays indoor cricket on the same night as me is heavily into sprintcar racing, has his own team and travels around the state racing. Apparently he's not bad either.

Closer to a time trial. It's with regular cars, although there is a modified class. Once you use the word "racing", that's when costs start becoming through the roof. Whereas what I'm doing, I think would be a fair bit less expensive than the equivalent time playing golf.

Closer to a time trial. It's with regular cars, although there is a modified class. Once you use the word "racing", that's when costs start becoming through the roof. Whereas what I'm doing, I think would be a fair bit less expensive than the equivalent time playing golf.

Sounds interesting. Racing wise things are getting out of control in Australian sport, it goes a long way to explaining the decline of competitors in major Australian motorsport, particularly V8 Supercars.

Get. In. Line.

She's a total babe.

Sounds interesting. Racing wise things are getting out of control in Australian sport, it goes a long way to explaining the decline of competitors in major Australian motorsport, particularly V8 Supercars.

Why do you say decline? V8 Supercars always seems to have good numbers at each race. The last one I watched (I think was Ipswich) and that had 48 thousand spectators.

I meant more that any motorsport that is a race against the clock, is always less expensive than the equivalent of racing.
Why do you say decline? V8 Supercars always seems to have good numbers at each race. The last one I watched (I think was Ipswich) and that had 48 thousand spectators.
Do you believe that? I don't think that Ipswich can even fit 48,000!

V8 Supercars has always struggled for long term, mainstream acceptance. It would not surprised me if they were more popular there in NZ, relative to here.

Do you believe that? I don't think that Ipswich can even fit 48,000!

V8 Supercars has always struggled for long term, mainstream acceptance. It would not surprised me if they were more popular there in NZ, relative to here.

I wouldn't know. I've never been to Ipswich. :p But it's a sizable town isn't it? And besides, I didn't make up that number...that's what they said during the broadcast. It might not have been Ipswich but that was the name that came to mind..

My post was aimed at actual competitors rather than crowds. The attendance rate is fine but the amount of entries has dropped considerably in the past 10 years. The Bathurst 1000 is a notable example of this. The grid used to be packed out with 40+ cars each year however with rising costs, the part-time and privateer teams have dwindled and now we have less than 30 cars on the starting grid.

An exponential increase in running costs as well as everything generally being more expensive has lead to this and now the smaller teams can no longer compete. The new Generation V8 Supercar concept was supposed to help reduce costs but I'm not sure if it has been introduced yet.

Was in Colac (2 hours west of Melbourne) for the latest round of motorkhana. 2nd in both car class and Novice. Running 2nd in the standings in both. Still a chance to win novice, but it's not looking good. The bloke running 3rd tells me the guy leading spend a bit of money on his car and for practicing. Both of us don't have the means to spend similarly. Even in the lowest level of motorsport, money is making a difference. Spewing!

I went into my Galahs cage last night to change their food and one of the little pricks tried to bite me on the back through my t-shirt! Not sure what happened with them, they used to be friendly..

Back