Mahela Jayawardene

SriLanka

As you guys probably know he has retired from test cricket after today's win against pakistan and tbh I really love mahela, his technique and personality is something unique. What do you guys think about mahela?

He was a great player and a gentlemen for sure but sadly, I never got to see him at his best.. Every time I watched him bat, he seemed to either be out of form or Sangakara outplayed him.

He was a great player and a gentlemen for sure but sadly, I never got to see him at his best.. Every time I watched him bat, he seemed to either be out of form or Sangakara outplayed him.
ah yes indeed my friend well when he is at his best he seemed to control the whole game and literally take the game away from the opposition.

Last edited:
It's weird, great batsman but off the top of my head I can't think of any amazingly memorable moments in his career. Probably at least for Tests games for Australia against Sri Lanka are pretty low key.

A very good player, unfortunately I can't say great based on his stats outside of Asia. In saying that he was something else to watch when in full flow.

Hell of a guy to, composed, intelligent and insightful. Must have been fantastic for the new generation of Sri Lankan players to have someone like Mahela to learn off.

A very good player, unfortunately I can't say great based on his stats outside of Asia. In saying that he was something else to watch when in full flow.

Hell of a guy to, composed, intelligent and insightful. Must have been fantastic for the new generation of Sri Lankan players to have someone like Mahela to learn off.
yes agreed he doesn't have good stats outside lanka but he is a technically correct player.

but dude how many players have scored a world cup final 100? only a handful. Even the great tendulkar doesn't have a world cup hundred or a hundred in lords were cricket began.
It was just a joke because I can't stand India nothing against Mahela.

Don't worry about Sachin. Even I haven't scored a ton in a WC final! Didn't even get to play in one :( I do remember being particularly awesome against South Africa in 1996.

Don't worry about Sachin. Even I haven't scored a ton in a WC final! Didn't even get to play in one :( I do remember being particularly awesome against South Africa in 1996.
yeah man but the thing with you that I like is the amount of match winning inning's you've played it's quite remarkable tbh.

It was just a joke because I can't stand India nothing against Mahela.
ah sorry I went a bit overboard there, it's just that I still have that feeling about the world cup final but anyways what's done is done India won that and now its time to focus on the 2016 WC tbh the subcontinental teams would have to work very hard to at least qualify to the semi's due to the fast and bouncy conditions.

Yeah, whatever. You Aussies choked in the final. And excluding Bradman, I'm still a better batsmen than anyone Australia has ever produced.

Back