Cricket Albury/wodonga

It's been a while since JMW played a full year at a football or cricket club so good luck Raiders. Are clubs getting more and more desperate for players or is it just me?
Is this the dumbest comment posted here so far????? of course clubs are desperate for players maybe this year there will a few changes made so that some players may be freed up to strengthen up clubs with low numbers..... Any way I guess your referring to Marmo? JMW must be a typo ....well were prepared to give him a go and im expecting he along with another couple will help us be more competitive......Whilst im having a rant I love all the negativity towards our club....What have we done wrong????? at least the local rag has the decency to put a name to their belligerent bagging of the Raiders not just faceless nobodies here......looking forward to the comebacks.....rant over.....

Sorry Jenno I wasn't attacking your club but just clubs in general these days. I'm old school where a guy stayed and played for the one club. I'm amazed at some guys (JMW or JWM for example) that continually change clubs and then certain clubs (Raiders is one, Albury, North, Belvoir as well) take them on and get burnt buy them but when the next JWM/Markham/Daniels comes up they go for them again. No one seems to learn.

Sorry Jenno I wasn't attacking your club but just clubs in general these days. I'm old school where a guy stayed and played for the one club. I'm amazed at some guys (JMW or JWM for example) that continually change clubs and then certain clubs (Raiders is one, Albury, North, Belvoir as well) take them on and get burnt buy them but when the next JWM/Markham/Daniels comes up they go for them again. No one seems to learn.
Daniels/Markham (a decade ago) is a pretty far reach to have a go at us for recruiting those 'types' but as we've seen our best players/juniors leave post relegation (Dixon, Lodding, Spencer, B.Holzer, Bradsworth) and then post promotion (Head, C.Holzer, and Griffiths who came back) the club has had no choice but to recruit from other clubs. Funny you left out St Pats, Tallangatta and Wodonga from that list of clubs poaching other clubs players.:rolleyes:

Player movements, I have been reliably informed that Jackson and Co. are staying at Wodonga and in fact Jackson was a bit offended that anyone would suggest he was going elsewhere. So I suppose that
puts that one to bed. As for Tallangatta I still keep hearing murmurs that they are going to come up with some very good players for the coming season, from where I don't know. As for Marmo I don't really know the guy I've seen him play and he has some ability. If Raiders can get something out of him over the next couple of seasons good for them.

Gee it's pretty quiet on player movements. I'm sure the silly season is happening but clubs keeping it really in house.
How's this for keen getting a phone call from a C'Grade captain getting his side ready for this season. Pity he played blokes all year and dropped guys come finals time. He might find himself a bit short this season.
I wonder how many players JWM can lure to the Raiders? They have some great kids coming through but need to be topped up.

Ive heard a couple of things in the last few weeks about imports. apparently st pats import isnt coming back. tallangatta is getting a couple but cant confirm what or how good they are. wodonga are trying to get one and from the sounds of it he is a batsmen and offspinner. they will be pretty good again. and i think albury were looking into a pom as well, but dont know if they have one. i wonder how much money clubs must have because everyone nows that tallangatta spend good money and have great volunteers. ive heard the better players at wodonga dont pay fees as a recruiting strategy, which means they dont have as big of an income as they could. and if a club gets a pom then there is money going to them? i would imagine it would be the richer clubs whp would get imports as opposed to clubs who may neccessarily need it. did raiders have a pom last year?

What is the fascination with getting overseas players that must be costing some clubs a fair bit of money???? It's not as though the CAW comp is playing for sheep stations like some of the Melb comps! As far as I am concerned all that does is take away an opportunity for one of the clubs younger players to get a go; not to mention if these guys are getting paid or at least not paying subs, then is that really fair on the others that do pay subs, and are better players anyway.

I could be wrong, but if you look at the premiers from past seasons, pretty sure that local talent has gotten most teams to the trophy!

What is the fascination with getting overseas players that must be costing some clubs a fair bit of money???? It's not as though the CAW comp is playing for sheep stations like some of the Melb comps! As far as I am concerned all that does is take away an opportunity for one of the clubs younger players to get a go; not to mention if these guys are getting paid or at least not paying subs, then is that really fair on the others that do pay subs, and are better players anyway.

I could be wrong, but if you look at the premiers from past seasons, pretty sure that local talent has gotten most teams to the trophy!
if that import helps with coaching the juniors, is a positive influence and brings a better standard to the club then what the club is used to, then its money well spent regardless of if you win a premiership or not.

I know North Albury and St Pats have been training for a few weeks, I went past East Albury and they working on the training
area during the week. As for signings I hav'nt heard anything that has been verified as yet just what Ritchie said St Pats are
looking at a player from overseas. It won't be long and we will know what is going on with all teams just over a month
before the season kicks off. I heard something on the radio the other day in regard to the 20/Twenty big bash starting up
again anyone know anything?.

I have heard from a few differnt people that urdlejack is/has asked robbie jackson to coach the rep side. very interesting decision that will devide people. i think it is a good idea, even though he is not well liked, he is the best player in the comp atm and is obviously a leader-which from the outside, i dont think trent ball was overly strong leader.

also lots of pom coming over from what i hear, looks like nearly every team will have one. is there any clubs that wont have one?

Back