Pakistan Vs Australia - Uae

Brian Lara

Haven't seen a ball, but fair effort from Pakistan to get 454. I thought Johnson would maul them for 80-90. Yonis Khan finally gets a ton in a rare game against Australia. Sarfraz Ahmed 80 ball hundred! :eek:

Haven't been watching as I'm away with no foxtel. Looks like it's been a real run fest so far, good to see okeefe pick up a couple of wickets yesterday.

Haven't seen a ball, but fair effort from Pakistan to get 454. I thought Johnson would maul them for 80-90. Yonis Khan finally gets a ton in a rare game against Australia. Sarfraz Ahmed 80 ball hundred! :eek:
Johnson bowled well but the pitch is a dust bowl which it would seem Australia can expect everywhere except at home as we bat poorly on these pitches. We are suffering for the obsession with allrounders again with a young Doolan looking weak at 3 we must have a strong 6 and Marsh is not that good either.

All out for 303. 151 behind. Will be interesting to see if Pakistan have the killer instinct and go on with this. They're capable of stuffing it up. Bat til about tea tomorrow, set 500?

Pakistan have this in the bag, only they can pull a draw from victory the Aussies are stuffed yet again on a slow turning wicket. Funny, you would think that after about five years solid of these pitches on tour (remember even the POMS fixed their wickets last tour to be slow dust bowls) we would learn that we will need a traditional team with solid cricket techniques and maybe even coach to the condition.

All over. That'd be Pakistan's first win against Australia for quite a while?
Not a surprise really. We beat ourselves with poor preparation. Clearly we were not ready for the conditions that everyone knew were going to be. Doolan is in the wrong position. 3 is for an experienced and technically good player. What are they thinking sacrificing young player after player.

Back