ODI XI Selection Thread

Captain Pansy out for the series. Time to give ODI the miss for him one feels. the team might have half a chance then.

Captain Pansy out for the series. Time to give ODI the miss for him one feels. the team might have half a chance then.

And you think we've got SO many good batsmen waiting out there to replace him? I don't see it. Very inconsistent players, yes, that we've got.

They'll stick with Smith now that Clarke is out. He's got a fair few games behind him now so hopefully will get more comfortable if they keep him away from 5/6 slogger roles.

And you think we've got SO many good batsmen waiting out there to replace him? I don't see it. Very inconsistent players, yes, that we've got.

They'll stick with Smith now that Clarke is out. He's got a fair few games behind him now so hopefully will get more comfortable if they keep him away from 5/6 slogger roles.
This is the ODI team and yes we have some players around for ODI's. putting my love of Clarke aside, he is needed for a few year yet at test level as there is really a big gap there. With his back/hammy issues ODI's are not going to help him at all. The team has been winning without him and they would be better served to get on with it and forget Clarke. the in and out is not good for stability either.

Team for the Tri-series and World cup announced tomorrow, i wonder?

Finch
Warner
Watto
Smith (VC)
Bailey (C)
Maxwell
Wade
Faulkner
Johnson
Starke
Doherty

Extra's - Cummins, Hazelwood, Clarke (due back for World Cup), Richardson

Team for the Tri-series and World cup announced tomorrow, i wonder?

Finch
Warner
Watto
Smith (VC)
Bailey (C)
Maxwell
Wade
Faulkner
Johnson
Starke
Doherty

Extra's - Cummins, Hazelwood, Clarke (due back for World Cup), Richardson

Bloody good side, even without Clarke.

i think ryan harris should get a look in, 40-odd wickets at 18ish
i know he has a knee issue but he surely wouldn't be expected to play all the WC matches - but he will surely go a long way to helping the aussies win crunch games like a final

i think ryan harris should get a look in, 40-odd wickets at 18ish
i know he has a knee issue but he surely wouldn't be expected to play all the WC matches - but he will surely go a long way to helping the aussies win crunch games like a final
Yeah he would be more than handy if he is fit, team gets announced today I think?

Official World Cup squad.

Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey (vice-capt), Brad Haddin (wk), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Faulkner, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty.

No real surprises there, gone with very reserved selections.

Official World Cup squad.

Michael Clarke (capt), George Bailey (vice-capt), Brad Haddin (wk), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Shane Watson, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Mitchell Marsh, James Faulkner, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins, Xavier Doherty.

No real surprises there, gone with very reserved selections.
Very surprised about Haddin. Quite bluntly his form with bat has been so ordinary it is enough to cost the team a shot at the title. Feels like a swan song gift.

What are to other options atm though, I'd still prefer Haddin over Wade, he is shit.
I get your position i just don't agree. I think Wade has been playing well this year and you are remembering the really bad patch he had before Haddin returned to the National team. I still think he is the player for the future unless someone really steps up.

I get your position i just don't agree. I think Wade has been playing well this year and you are remembering the really bad patch he had before Haddin returned to the National team. I still think he is the player for the future unless someone really steps up.
In ODIs Wade averages 22 with a SR of 70 from 43 innings with the bat which is a poor record over a more than fair sample size. And then behind the stumps he also floats from being average to plain poor. For the life of me a can't work out how he keeps getting selected, he's actually crap.

In ODIs Wade averages 22 with a SR of 70 from 43 innings with the bat which is a poor record over a more than fair sample size. And then behind the stumps he also floats from being average to plain poor. For the life of me a can't work out how he keeps getting selected, he's actually crap.
Yes it does not quite mark up after 43 innings but he was opening for some of that and was clearly out of his depth. His Test record is better at 34.61 after 22 test innings with two tons and three fifties but his glove work was fading and he didn't seem to have any answers at that time. I can only think that his current form is ok and who else at this time?

Back