Is Sachin Tendulkar A Fraud?

If he's been caught ball tampering then yeah i'd agree with those of you. But this is the first i've heard of it.
To me Tendaulker is a legend. But as i said i don't get caught up in a lot of negative gossip that people spread.

I would agree with Brian Lara but Bradman, Sobers or Hutton from different era's you can't compare them or predict what would happen and what would not.
I would agree, Hutton and Bradman played at a time when we had uncovered pitches against bowlers like Larwood and Wall. They were much greater batsmen and the recent players don't measure up

If he's been caught ball tampering then yeah i'd agree with those of you. But this is the first i've heard of it.
To me Tendaulker is a legend. But as i said i don't get caught up in a lot of negative gossip that people spread.

Its not a matter of gossiping and concentrating on negatives only, rather we should look at both the negative and positive side of a player as is with every individual we deal with in life.

I would advise that you have a look at the video I posted on the ball tampering issue before making any assertions.

Its not a matter of gossiping and concentrating on negatives only, rather we should look at both the negative and positive side of a player as is with every individual we deal with in life.

I would advise that you have a look at the video I posted on the ball tampering issue before making any assertions.
Which is why i brought it up as i do not believe in the allegations myself. My take is that it's negative and gossip all because people like yourself hate him through your jealousy of him.
Accept the fact that tendulker is a legend and build a bridge and get over it

Will add a video of him tampering with the ball in South Africa. Tendulkar is overated in his own team Dravid and Laxman were far better batsmen than he was. Tendulkar is the most succesful brand in cricket designed and advertised to fool Indians and other funatics to shed their money to him and the Indian management!

Says you who has a disgusting attitude due to being jealous

Yeah sure he did tamper the ball and he should have been fined or suspended for that but that doesn't mean you can take all the great achievements he made from him just accept that fact that he is a cricketing legend and stop saying he isnt a legend.

Which is why i brought it up as i do not believe in the allegations myself. My take is that it's negative and gossip all because people like yourself hate him through your jealousy of him.
Accept the fact that tendulker is a legend and build a bridge and get over it

I agree he is a legend but not as great a batsman as he is portrayed to be. Hate such a strong word but yes forgetting the 'hate' and 'jealousy' the proof is in the pudding he amassed all those runs and centuries simply because of his mediocre talent and lenghtly career. Again he couldnt even get pass 250+ in test cricket!

Yeah sure he did tamper the ball and he should have been fined or suspended for that but that doesn't mean you can take all the great achievements he made from him just accept that fact that he is a cricketing legend and stop saying he isnt a legend.

Exactly where have I posted Sachin is not a legend?

I agree he is a legend but not as great a batsman as he is portrayed to be. Hate such a strong word but yes forgetting the 'hate' and 'jealousy' the proof is in the pudding he amassed all those runs and centuries simply because of his mediocre talent and lenghtly career. Again he couldnt even get pass 250+ in test cricket!
Whats your point? are you trying to say just because he couldn't get over 250 that he isn't a great batsmen as people think he is? Talk statistics m8 clearly no one could or can match up to his statistics in world cricket during his era. Why would you say he is 'overrated'?

Whats your point? are you trying to say just because he couldn't get over 250 that he isn't a great batsmen as people think he is? Talk statistics m8 clearly no one could or can match up to his statistics in world cricket during his era. Why would you say he is 'overrated'?

All I am saying is that he played many matches to accumulate those runs/centuries, yes he was a good batsman and one of the greatest India have ever produced but saying that he is better than Lara, Ponting, Weeks, Pollock, Hutton or even Sobers or Bradman is just plain ludicrous and hence he is overrated!

Recently I read a blog which indicated that VVS laxman was one of the best batsman to watch when in flow, tearing apart the best attack in the world, this is true, Tendulkar could compare in no way. Just an example to show how overrated Tendulkar is!!!!

You haven't said hes not a legend but your trying to imply something along the lines of he's not a great batsmen or he's overrated.

Thanks.

Let me clear it up for you. Tendulkar was a good batsman in world cricket but a great batsman of India, he is certainly a legend of the game, as much as I hate to admit it!

All I am saying is that he played many matches to accumulate those runs/centuries, yes he was a good batsman and one of the greatest India have ever produced but saying that he is better than Lara, Ponting, Weeks, Pollock, Hutton or even Sobers or Bradman is just plain ludicrous and hence he is overrated!

Recently I read a blog which indicated that VVS laxman was one of the best batsman to watch when in flow, tearing apart the best attack in the world, this is true, Tendulkar could compare in no way. Just an example to show how overrated Tendulkar is!!!!
Okay I agree but there is two things I noticed, people like bradman are from a different generation of cricket back then cricket wasn't a competitive sport as it is now, it was played for fun the thrill of going from australia to england in a boat to play cricket was regarded as fun. These days its way more competitive and more money involved obviously. So my point is cricket has evolved through time therefore u can't compare people from different generations of cricket (btw I aint saying bradman isn't a legend js). Okay now moving on to the second point yes Lara is better he played a lot of match winnings innings more than tendulkar did in his whole career but not sure about ponting m8.

Okay I agree but there is two things I noticed, people like bradman are from a different generation of cricket back then cricket wasn't a competitive sport as it is now, it was played for fun the thrill of going from australia to england in a boat to play cricket was regarded as fun. These days its way more competitive and more money involved obviously. So my point is cricket has evolved through time therefore u can't compare people from different generations of cricket (btw I aint saying bradman isn't a legend js). Okay now moving on to the second point yes Lara is better he played a lot of match winnings innings more than tendulkar did in his whole career but not sure about ponting m8.

Good to see we're pretty much on the same page. I however don't see an issue with comparing players of different eras whilst I agree the game and conditions have evolved over the decades comparisons must be made in order to evaluate an individuals contribution to the game. As with other sports the same argument holds.

Good to see we're pretty much on the same page. I however don't see an issue with comparing players of different eras whilst I agree the game and conditions have evolved over the decades comparisons must be made in order to evaluate an individuals contribution to the game. As with other sports the same argument holds.
Okay let me give u an example right, nowadays players are more fit meaning fast bowlers bowl faster and with the use of technology it can help the bowlers massively. On top of that fast bowlers have developed new and powerful balls such as the slower ball, cutters, reverse swing and the bouncer (the bouncer might have been used back then not sure). Moving onto the spinners nowadays u see way more variation than before with carrom balls, arm ball, kuckle ball, flipper, googly, the straight one etc nowadays batsmen have to cope with the pressure from the media and in some countries the involvement of politics (sri lanka). So when you look at it batsmen those days didn't face these issues yes I agree they were the legends of their era but you can't compare people from the old era to the new one.

Okay let me give u an example right, nowadays players are more fit meaning fast bowlers bowl faster and with the use of technology it can help the bowlers massively. On top of that fast bowlers have developed new and powerful balls such as the slower ball, cutters, reverse swing and the bouncer (the bouncer might have been used back then not sure). Moving onto the spinners nowadays u see way more variation than before with carrom balls, arm ball, kuckle ball, flipper, googly, the straight one etc nowadays batsmen have to cope with the pressure from the media and in some countries the involvement of politics (sri lanka). So when you look at it batsmen those days didn't face these issues yes I agree they were the legends of their era but you can't compare people from the old era to the new one.

Yes I can and I chose to! Using stats and other tools I can safely say that Sunil Gavaskar is a better batsman then Tendulkar because he is the only batsman of his era to counteract the legendary WI four prone pace attacks with relative ease!

Yes I can and I chose to! Using stats and other tools I can safely say that Sunil Gavaskar is a better batsman then Tendulkar because he is the only batsman of his era to counteract the legendary WI four prone pace attacks with relative ease!
okay so suddenly gavaskar becomes a better player just because he faced the legendary WI four prone pace attack LOL + his stats are no way compared to the stats of sachin everybody goes on about how sachin started cricket when he was 18, yes he did he made the side because he was the best. When you compare other players keep in mind they could have made there team if they were the best in their country. Keep in mind that itself is a huge achievement and no Gavaskar is not a better player than tendulkar I disagree.

Back