Subbies Thread

Not sure what planet you are on but they're not a top 6 side unless they have recruited heavily. Next.
Caulfield have a very strong list and I'd be surprised if they didn't get to another granny. Endeavour Hills have started well with 2 wins but not sure if they are in contention. What is their bowling offering these days? Their batting looks weak.
Oakleigh are a sleeping giant, they are yet to hit top form hit will soon, look out!!

If this isn't you Dogga I'll sit on a landmine.

Pretty ordinary result for the whole competition, interesting to see though that Sunshine's 3rds beat Kew outright so not sure what's going on there.

best u be sitting on a landmine knakers!!!! theres only one weapo

results for both first and second 11 have been spoken about and wiped not to be spoken about again.....

long season lads....

Round 4 Predictions:

North / West:

Altona v Plenty Valley
Coburg v Melton
Ivanhoe
v Balwyn
Kew v Preston
Werribee
v Brunswick
Yarraville v Sunshine
RPB v Williamstown

South / East:

Kingston Saints v Noble Park
Malvern
v Elsternwick
Moorabbin v Caulfield
Mt Waverley v Croydon
Brighton v Oakleigh
Endeavour Hills v Ormond
Box Hill
v Bayswater

Back to two dayers this round, which will be interesting.

In the North / West, I am going with Preston to spring an upset over Kew. Ivanhoe and Balwyn should be interesting, given they are currently the two bottom sides and Balwyn yet to register a win. RPB (5) v Williamstown (2) should be very close.

In the South / East, it was disappointing Ormond and Malvern didn't play last week. I'm tipping both Croydon and Box Hill to breakthrough for their first wins for the season. Can Endeavour Hills make it three wins on the trot against Ormond...

Round 4 Predictions:

North / West:

Altona v Plenty Valley
Coburg v Melton
Ivanhoe
v Balwyn
Kew v Preston
Werribee
v Brunswick
Yarraville v Sunshine
RPB v Williamstown

South / East:

Kingston Saints v Noble Park
Malvern
v Elsternwick
Moorabbin v Caulfield
Mt Waverley v Croydon
Brighton v Oakleigh
Endeavour Hills v Ormond
Box Hill
v Bayswater

Back to two dayers this round, which will be interesting.

In the North / West, I am going with Preston to spring an upset over Kew. Ivanhoe and Balwyn should be interesting, given they are currently the two bottom sides and Balwyn yet to register a win. RPB (5) v Williamstown (2) should be very close.

In the South / East, it was disappointing Ormond and Malvern didn't play last week. I'm tipping both Croydon and Box Hill to breakthrough for their first wins for the season. Can Endeavour Hills make it three wins on the trot against Ormond...
Some interesting results so far and, certainly in the SE, things look a bit closer, more competitive, albeit, I think Caulfield are a stand out.

Some interesting results so far and, certainly in the SE, things look a bit closer, more competitive, albeit, I think Caulfield are a stand out.
As I've said previously, I don't think we can judge caulfield as the stand out until they play a top side. I know endeavour have done well early but I would be surprised if they were top 4 come the end of the season. When do Oakleigh and Caulfield meet? That'll be a cracker.

Much as I do not like to say it Oakleigh are very good. I now feel Oakleigh v Caulfield likely final. More even comp than we have had for a while. Yet to see a team that will challenge. Malvern will be much better with Bhatt back but batting still relies on Alford and Jones. Would think Dunne will be back soon. Elsternwick have performed above expectations but would not think it will continue. Ormond have Bird back but need a bit more batting depth. Imagine talking to Hansen . EH looking strong. Brighton having a terrible season after loosing 12 from last years !'s and 2's finals sides and not having a home ground. Returning players after Xmas will cause problems for other sides but will not make finals. T20's will be interesting

Interesting round. Big win by Altona over Plenty Valley, puts them into the top six. Balwyn get their first win of the season which is good for them.

I tipped both Croydon and Box Hill to get up, but didn't expect Noble to lose to Kingston and Elsternwick to defeat Malvern. Plus, EH's win over Ormond is huge. With Elsternwick and EH in the top four sees both of last season's premiers outside the top 6.

Much as I do not like to say it Oakleigh are very good. I now feel Oakleigh v Caulfield likely final. More even comp than we have had for a while. Yet to see a team that will challenge. Malvern will be much better with Bhatt back but batting still relies on Alford and Jones. Would think Dunne will be back soon. Elsternwick have performed above expectations but would not think it will continue. Ormond have Bird back but need a bit more batting depth. Imagine talking to Hansen . EH looking strong. Brighton having a terrible season after loosing 12 from last years !'s and 2's finals sides and not having a home ground. Returning players after Xmas will cause problems for other sides but will not make finals. T20's will be interesting
I can say from experience, losing the home ground makes things very hard. Always lose a couple, but 12 is a lot. Young Allen at Endeavour looks like he can play!

I can say from experience, losing the home ground makes things very hard. Always lose a couple, but 12 is a lot. Young Allen at Endeavour looks like he can play!
Allen is a star - one of the best under 19 players in the whole subbies comp. I believe he played a game for the St Kilda 2nds recently

Good crowd at Coburg last night for T20. Couple of guests quicks were were good. Some nice clean hitting from the Wicks.
Had 2 good umpires. Never seen one before as he usually umpires in the East but very good job. Thought boundary should have been in a little.
Hope next Tueday weather is as good

Good crowd at Coburg last night for T20. Couple of guests quicks were were good. Some nice clean hitting from the Wicks.
Had 2 good umpires. Never seen one before as he usually umpires in the East but very good job. Thought boundary should have been in a little.
Hope next Tueday weather is as good
Likewise, a fantastic crowd at Walter Galt. Was a good game, albeit low scoring!

quite like T 20 when played in good spirit. Fast paced, clean hitting. Good to get body going after a day at work.
I am not usually an umpire booster but I like the way he went about the job. Good humour but not part of game. He can come anytime. have to look him up.
Gary I think

Round 5 Tips:

N/W:

Balwyn v Altona
Brunswick v Sunshine
Ivanhoe
v Yarraville
Melton v Kew
Preston v Werribee
Williamstown
v Coburg
Plenty Valley v RPB

S/E:

Croydon v Kingston Saints
Noble Park v Caulfield
Ormond v Mt Waverley
Oakleigh v Malvern
Elsternwick v Endeavour Hills
Box Hill v Moorabbin
Bayswater v Brighton

Some interesting matchups this round.

For the N/W, I'm going with a couple of upsets in Sunshine and Ivanhoe. Though, I would say Brunswick and Sunshine do appear quite an even matchup.

In the S/E, I'm going with Noble to turn their form around against Caulfield and Elsternwick to stop Endeavour Hills winning run.

Interesting read this morning plenty valleys ground was vandleised with the outfield been flooded . Driving past ak lines at 8:15 am there was a sprinkler on which was pumping water out to the area they said that was vandleised. Very intresting

Interesting read this morning plenty valleys ground was vandleised with the outfield been flooded . Driving past ak lines at 8:15 am there was a sprinkler on which was pumping water out to the area they said that was vandleised. Very intresting

Inside job you think?

Back