Not In The Spirit Of The Game

someblokecalleddave

Anyone heard of teams coming to blows on the cricket pitch or later in the changing rooms? I know Jimmy Anderson was accused of having a dig at one of the Indian players in the test series just gone, but that's nothing compared to matches played at my home town in Tilbury, Essex (England). Matches have descended into violence there where blokes have been stabbed, shot and killed...

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/discover/explore/georgians/1780939/

"Florida cricket match ends with shooting

Published: Nov. 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM

ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 4 (UPI) -- A cricket match in Orlando, Fla., ended when one of the participants wounded another player with a semi-automatic gun, police alleged.

Police said 37-year-old Devan Bascom shot Francis Singh in the abdomen after the 36-year-old threatened him with a cricket bat following a heated argument this weekend, Florida's WKMG-TV, Orlando, said Sunday.

Orange County sheriff's Sgt. Spike Hopkins said that while Bascom appeared to be defending himself with the small firearm, its presence at the cricket match was unusual.

"The shooter was defending himself from an attack with a cricket bat which is similar to a baseball bat, but it's flat," Hopkins told the broadcaster. "For this man to bring a firearm to a sporting event is odd but then again, he has the right to do so. He has a concealed weapons permit and if, in fact, he was protecting himself, he was authorized by law to do so."

Following Saturday's shooting at Cyprus Grove Park, Singh underwent surgery for his injuries while Bascom was questioned but not arrested for his part in the incident, WKMG-TV said."

Should we even discuss this?

"Florida cricket match ends with shooting

Published: Nov. 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM

ORLANDO, Fla., Nov. 4 (UPI) -- A cricket match in Orlando, Fla., ended when one of the participants wounded another player with a semi-automatic gun, police alleged.

Police said 37-year-old Devan Bascom shot Francis Singh in the abdomen after the 36-year-old threatened him with a cricket bat following a heated argument this weekend, Florida's WKMG-TV, Orlando, said Sunday.

Orange County sheriff's Sgt. Spike Hopkins said that while Bascom appeared to be defending himself with the small firearm, its presence at the cricket match was unusual.

"The shooter was defending himself from an attack with a cricket bat which is similar to a baseball bat, but it's flat," Hopkins told the broadcaster. "For this man to bring a firearm to a sporting event is odd but then again, he has the right to do so. He has a concealed weapons permit and if, in fact, he was protecting himself, he was authorized by law to do so."

Following Saturday's shooting at Cyprus Grove Park, Singh underwent surgery for his injuries while Bascom was questioned but not arrested for his part in the incident, WKMG-TV said."

Should we even discuss this?

No surprises really, America has an extremely unhealthy obsession with guns. Second amendment going way too far.

Anyone heard of teams coming to blows on the cricket pitch or later in the changing rooms? I know Jimmy Anderson was accused of having a dig at one of the Indian players in the test series just gone, but that's nothing compared to matches played at my home town in Tilbury, Essex (England). Matches have descended into violence there where blokes have been stabbed, shot and killed...

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/discover/explore/georgians/1780939/

Nice article, the Indians within the last decade have constantly been attacking the other teams, their administration is running things so that gives them ammunition it seems. If the games is without India it will be a peaceful loving gentleman's game as we all knew it to be before the Indian's reign of terror!

Oh don't get me started on Captain pansy. They dropped the wrong player.
Is that you Simon Katich? :p

Seriously can't people just get on well with each other instead of being so full of hatrid and spite?
I think that there are some players who just love to talk about their egos rather than the team that they represent.

Is that you Simon Katich? :p

Seriously can't people just get on well with each other instead of being so full of hatrid and spite?
I think that there are some players who just love to talk about their egos rather than the team that they represent.
Don't rate the bloke, never have never will but. We need him at test level for a while, we have no one experienced or natural leader enough to take over at the moment so he will do for now.

Back