• New Zealand

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • West indies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was going to post a topic like this the other day but I resisted haha.

I think you are pretty bang on with the predictions. I just think that surely it's South Africas time to win! On paper they are by far the best side and are in red hot form atm.

I was going to post a topic like this the other day but I resisted haha.

I think you are pretty bang on with the predictions. I just think that surely it's South Africas time to win! On paper they are by far the best side and are in red hot form atm.
agreed south africa are just dynamic both in the batting and bowling departments and also the fact that they field very well.

I just think that surely it's South Africas time to win! On paper they are by far the best side and are in red hot form atm.
SA_choke.jpg

In the midst of the Phil Hughes accident. I actually did have a great start to the day, which I wanted share with you blokes by making a big deal about it, but won't now. So I'll just use this thread to say that this morning, I bit the bullet and bought a ticket to the WC final.

It cost me A$295. I don't care if I'm being ripped off. I'm sitting, first level, Southern stand side, 3rd man for a rhb.

As a Melbournian, I remember watching the 92 final and thought that the next time there was a WC final here, I'd be an adult and I could go. I would've regretted more had I not purchased the ticket. The next time, the final might not be in Melbourne. I had to go.

I also bought tickets for SA/India and SL/Bangers. The SA/India game didn't have many tickets left. All I could get was right at the back half of the top level of the Northern stand.

In the midst of the Phil Hughes accident. I actually did have a great start to the day, which I wanted share with you blokes by making a big deal about it, but won't now. So I'll just use this thread to say that this morning, I bit the bullet and bought a ticket to the WC final.

It cost me A$295. I don't care if I'm being ripped off. I'm sitting, first level, Southern stand side, 3rd man for a rhb.

As a Melbournian, I remember watching the 92 final and thought that the next time there was a WC final here, I'd be an adult and I could go. I would've regretted more had I not purchased the ticket. The next time, the final might not be in Melbourne. I had to go.

I also bought tickets for SA/India and SL/Bangers. The SA/India game didn't have many tickets left. All I could get was right at the back half of the top level of the Northern stand.
Same me and my dad bought tickets to the wc final hoping sl would make it (probs not) and also bought tickets for the india/west indies game here in perth. Also the sri lanka/australia game in sydney it cost me dad a whoping $1200 for all the tickets but the whole family's going so yee gonna be good :). My dad's kinda worried cause the tickets r supposed to arrive from november onwards and we are going on holiday to sri lanka I don't want them post box diggers to come across them precious tickets so I hope it comes before we leave.

Hey Guys,
I know there's a good 90 sumin days to go to the world cup but who do you think will win or possibly make the semi's of the world cup.

My Prediction:
Semi's: Australia, South Africa, New Zealand and Sri Lanka
Final: Australia and South Africa
Don't know, i think you would be foolish to discount Pakistan. Yes i know they are all over the place in ODI's but from all the asian teams they are the only one that takes the conditions. Other wise could SA actually do it???

Don't know, i think you would be foolish to discount Pakistan. Yes i know they are all over the place in ODI's but from all the asian teams they are the only one that takes the conditions. Other wise could SA actually do it???
Soon india will experience the conditions and the reason I don't think pakistan would make it because they have world class spinners but there fast bowlers have been all over the place they have tried numerous combo's nothing has worked but there spin unit has clicked nicely, then again it's Australia wickets aren't gonna be spinning like they would in the sub continent or dubai. The only reason I didn't include India in the world cup predictions is personally because the form Australia is it is likely that they would loose to Australia and if they do loose lets say 4-0 that would drop the indian morale down a lot (just like sri lanka in the indian series but we have the 7 odi's with England to try regain our form).

Found this old highlights vid from the NZ v Pakistan 1992 WC group stage this morning, I still wonder whether Kiwis 'tanked' this game ;)

He also said that New Zealand were the number 1 side at the moment, definitely taking the piss big Kev :)

Back