2014/2015 Barclay Shield

The umpires in DVCA are no worse than the players. I see bowlers who can't bowl line and length, batsmen with terrible techniques and poor shot selection, fielders that drop sitters week in week out. If the players were any good they wouldn't be playing DVCA. If you want first class umpires, go and play first class cricket.

Reread my post tongs. I said 'majority' not all. And umpire bashing would be genuine and succinct criticism and to go into explicit details of how bad/poor they were, either by seeing it live or hearing first hand. I did neither of that. You seem to get your wires crossed with a lot of things tongs! And seem to only 'like' those who agree with your opinion!!
And toddy, how many 'local' cricketers in B, C, D or even E grade get paid to play when the umpires in those grades certainly do? You cant compare poor cricketers to poor umpires if one set is getting paid to be poor and the other just is!!

look out DVCA batters. Cunningham is on fire he just doubled his total of top order wickets this game. his now up to 2 wickets for batters in the top 6. north eltham barclay should merge with north eltham money and play c grade. They might go close to winning a game.

I'll elaborate for him.

Barclay Shield Round 5

Epping 50
Bundoora 122
North Eltham 115 & 85
Research 130
Old Paradians 150

Interesting to see some stats comparing last year to this year, after 5 rounds.

A side making under 150 all out, or CC.
2013/2014 - 31 times
2014/2015 - 20 times

100s
2013/2014 - 3
2014/2015 - 4

50s
2013/2014 - 30
2014/2015 - 35

Total Runs -
2013/2014 - 9477
2014/2015 - 10,689

Going off the above, I would suggest that the batsmen aren't struggling, but have in fact improved on last year.

2013/2014 - 3
2014/2015 - 4

Interesting to see some stats comparing last year to this year, after 5 rounds.

A side making under 150 all out, or CC.
2013/2014 - 31 times
2014/2015 - 20 times

100s
2013/2014 - 3
2014/2015 - 4

50s
2013/2014 - 30
2014/2015 - 35

Total Runs -
2013/2014 - 9477
2014/2015 - 10,689

Going off the above, I would suggest that the batsmen aren't struggling, but have in fact improved on last year.

Interesting stat tongs. Out of interest how many second innings have there been this season in comparison to last?

Interesting stat tongs. Out of interest how many second innings have there been this season in comparison to last?

I just had a look, and not counting sides that declared and batted again to chase an outright. In 2013/2014 there were 4 teams who had a second dig after being rolled in the first. This season, there has been 5.

Much the same really.

Care to elaborate on this?
As Toddy has posted, its not only low scores, but there just doesn't seem to be regular output across the board with the bat anymore! Local cricket is tailored toward the bowlers anyway (read shit pitches) but I see even Turtle (j.witcher) can still carve out a score batting at number 8 and not training! There are a few exceptions (cant name them all but tom maclean comes to mind) but generally ball wins!

What happened with Plenty on the weekend? No Green and Rosbrook only bowling a couple of overs?
Big scalp for the Doggies but limited options with the ball for the Power.

Geez there are a lot of very ordinary cricketers parading around as 'A' grade batsmen out there!!!
Seems that blokes just dont have the same patience at the wicket anymore . And those that do (Minney an example on the weekend) get potted on here when their teammates collapse around them .

What happened with Plenty on the weekend? No Green and Rosbrook only bowling a couple of overs?
Big scalp for the Doggies but limited options with the ball for the Power.
Judging by the website saying that plenty only batted 76.2 overs . Those couple of overs may have came on the first day? And there are 12 blokes on their batting card . Was he away for the second week??

Seems that blokes just dont have the same patience at the wicket anymore . And those that do (Minney an example on the weekend) get potted on here when their teammates collapse around them .

Ironic that the same bloke posted both those comments.

E="Deep Cover, post: 570054, member: 21961"]Seems that blokes just dont have the same patience at the wicket anymore . And those that do (Minney an example on the weekend) get potted on here when their teammates collapse around them .[/QUOTE]
Eltham and minney for that matter are Money Shield pal!

Great to see Mitch Johnson hit yet another ton this season, the kid can bat! Can't help but think that giving him the captaincy last year was a little too much for him to focus on at such a young age. And rightly so, kids at that age should really be worried about stamping their name on the comp as premier batsmen/bowlers well before worrying about captaincy gigs.

Thoughts on the Twilight games? I thought it was a great idea from the start, and still think so. I was able to hang around and have a couple of drinks at Heidelberg for around 45min, then get back to Eltham to watch the last 10 overs. Its not often lower grades get the opportunity to watch the best of the best at it, and this allows players to do it. Big tick from me.

Great to see Mitch Johnson hit yet another ton this season, the kid can bat! Can't help but think that giving him the captaincy last year was a little too much for him to focus on at such a young age. And rightly so, kids at that age should really be worried about stamping their name on the comp as premier batsmen/bowlers well before worrying about captaincy gigs.

Thoughts on the Twilight games? I thought it was a great idea from the start, and still think so. I was able to hang around and have a couple of drinks at Heidelberg for around 45min, then get back to Eltham to watch the last 10 overs. Its not often lower grades get the opportunity to watch the best of the best at it, and this allows players to do it. Big tick from me.
Good idea only if your team is the home team.

Back