The Lounge

Same here. However, they are street cats and because they found us we don't know who they belong to. They are both timid and hard to catch. The younger one doesn't mind a pat every now and then but they are very wary of everyone.
Well dont you guys have a sort of service who take care of street animals?

Today has been one year since my father died. Emotionally, I've all but gotten over it. But it's been a day of reflection, kind of like we've need this anniversary to pass for complete closure, in a mental sense. "He's died, and it's now been one whole year since it happened. Time to move on now..."

Today has been one year since my father died. Emotionally, I've all but gotten over it. But it's been a day of reflection, kind of like we've need this anniversary to pass for complete closure, in a mental sense. "He's died, and it's now been one whole year since it happened. Time to move on now..."

Sorry to hear about your father, Brian. I hope things are slowly getting better.

Fox or a dog got into my yard and killed both mothers and almost all the baby chickens.

So f***ing pissed off.

That yesterday's events in Sydney has put fear into everyone's lives in Australia. What a scary situation for those in the Lindt cafe over in Martin Place in Sydney. Shocking how two innocent people were killed along with the gunman. The gunman needed to be killed the lives of the hostages could have been spared.

This is extremely random, but I'm looking for footage of this match here (http://www.howstat.com/cricket/statistics/Matches/MatchScorecard_ODI.asp?MatchCode=2427), an ODI in early 2006 between Sri Lanka and Australia.

Does anyone know where I would be able to find some footage of this game? (highlights package, something longer, I really don't mind)
I've had a look and come up short.
If anyone Roblinda on Youtube, sign up to his channel and ask him nicely and he might have something especially if it was eventful in some way.

So check this out. I was done with writing about motorkhana. But a development occurred during presentation night last week, which had me quietly pissed off.

So I've been bagging out the bloke who won Novice on here, yes? It was his first year obviously. He initially bought a standard KE "mushroom" Laser. He wasn't satisfied with it's performance, so then then got a KE TX3. Then he bought rally tyres and spent ****loads on other stuff. He finished 5th in Class A (small fwd cars), which I thought was pretty good. He won't be eligible for Novice next year, but you'd expect he'll improve and to challenge for a top 3 placing next year, right?

But there's two problems. 1) He's a soft ****, and 2) Class A is the most popular class averaging 15 competitors. The next best is Class F (Specials) with 11, and the C with 6. So what's my problem? Well, when receiving his Novice trophy, he then announced he was going to buy another car, a Laser TX3 turbo (the hotted up version of my car), and to move to Class C!

FMD! He's already bought himself success in Novice. Now, he's raised the white flag in succeeding in A. Then looked at the results of C. Compared my results in Novice and C, compared himself to me and thought "I'm a chance to win this!" ******* ********!

I tell ya, it's pissed me off quite a bit. The thing is. Apparently I had a chance to win C if the eventual winner didn't turn up at the last round. Had I won it. With it being a smaller field, I'd have bought a car to compete in A next year, and tested myself further. But no, this knob has gone for the easy option. ******* Trophy Hunter!

I'll be writing about motorkhana next year, which starts mid Feb. I don't know how the results will go. But I tell ya, don't be surprised if I start writing about a verbal brouhaha at one of these meetings during the year. I'm ready to lay into him now! :mad:

Bad luck about the chickens. It was a story we're all following. I actually feel shit about it for you.
Thanks mate, not a nice way at all to lose a heap of your pets. It's just bad luck haven't had a Fox come in since about 20 years ago as a kid when I had a flock wiped out.

Did get some more eggs off the breeder that are sitting under another chook that should (hopefully..) hatch in about 17 days and the 2 little ones that survived are going good.

Back