2014/2015 Money Shield

what happened with the 20/20 scheduled there on tues? where did they play? who won? or was it postponed?
Did you get a fluffy new deck tongs or were you lucky and got one of those decks that is already a bit flatter? If you got a fluffy one (a bit darker in colour)that might change a few scores down there cos it was a road over the last 2 years!

Did you get a fluffy new deck tongs or were you lucky and got one of those decks that is already a bit flatter? If you got a fluffy one (a bit darker in colour)that might change a few scores down there cos it was a road over the last 2 years!

Rather than just guess. If you talk to any actual players, you'd find that just about every single player loved our pitch. Bowlers and Batsmen. Hence why we've been successful in getting a Grand Final for a number of years. So I am not sure where your comment about it being a road comes from.

As for our pitch that we have now. We're happy with what we now currently have.

Rather than just guess. If you talk to any actual players, you'd find that just about every single player loved our pitch. Bowlers and Batsmen. Hence why we've been successful in getting a Grand Final for a number of years. So I am not sure where your comment about it being a road comes from.

As for our pitch that we have now. We're happy with what we now currently have.
Don't get your back up as usual Tongs!! I only asked what type of new pitch you got at Eltham? Im sure most players like playing there although the outfield is pretty ordinary ATM.. A road means fairly easy to bat on hence generally bat dominates ball. And I think you are lucky 'overall' that your facilities as a whole are up there with the best. Thanks go to the council for that not eltham cricket club!

Don't get your back up as usual Tongs!! I only asked what type of new pitch you got at Eltham? Im sure most players like playing there although the outfield is pretty ordinary ATM.. A road means fairly easy to bat on hence generally bat dominates ball. And I think you are lucky 'overall' that your facilities as a whole are up there with the best. Thanks go to the council for that not eltham cricket club!

Stop constantly potting a club that got rid of you, and umpiring fraternity that got rid of you, and a radio show that also got rid of you. Its starting to get tiresome.

Mill Park on path for a big upset win to really hurt Greensy's final prospects, Banyule smashed in first real test of the season and Heidelberg bounced back after a terrible loss last week with a big day against LS.
Gibbs 29 wickets now will be hard to catch!

On Gibbs. what is he bowling these days Tongs? 29 wickets up until xmas is a bloody good first half in anyones language!
How long has he signed for at Panther Place and how many years has he got left in him? I'm guessing he will want to finish his career with a Barclay premiership.....

On Gibbs. what is he bowling these days Tongs? 29 wickets up until xmas is a bloody good first half in anyones language!
How long has he signed for at Panther Place and how many years has he got left in him? I'm guessing he will want to finish his career with a Barclay premiership.....

I am not sure what he's bowling in a game, but it must be different to training, even I smash him in the nets most nights (I know he sometimes has a read on here :D). In all seriousness, not much has changed with him, he's bowling the same as he always has. Just a very smart cricketer who bowls well to plans.

He's a Panther for life.

Mill Park on path for a big upset win to really hurt Greensy's final prospects, Banyule smashed in first real test of the season and Heidelberg bounced back after a terrible loss last week with a big day against LS.
Gibbs 29 wickets now will be hard to catch!
Hberg result makes things interesting. No doubt Lalor are having a crack at reverse, they must have come out swinging to be 1/50 off 10. First test for Banyule and they failed, are they as good as what the ladder suggests?

Hberg result makes things interesting. No doubt Lalor are having a crack at reverse, they must have come out swinging to be 1/50 off 10. First test for Banyule and they failed, are they as good as what the ladder suggests?
With Hbergs original lead they are 1-16, will be interesting to see Lalors approach. Go hard or grind it out? Gotta be careful of an all out assault as it may result in another collapse if the bowlers bowl well.
Was always going to be the test with Banyule considering there cruisy run sofar, they will need to get at least 2 wins after x-mas to stay in it, i don't think they can do it.

If Greensy lose this week it very well could be season over, games against Banyule, Lalor and Mernda after xmas it's a tough run to sneak into the very tight top 5 spots.

Great beach cricket conditions at some grounds this week, after Nillumbik's contractor's top dressing efforts over the break.
How about mowing a ground to within an inch (millimetre) of it's life the week prior to Xmas as the staff were going to be away over the break and would not be around to mow it......why not just leave grounds uncut for the two week period.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Can people jump on and talk cricket, some really interesting results this weekend, leading the way Greensy vs Lalor, yet another collapse from the stars! Whats going on? Can they hold on? The batsmen in would suggest they could be safe but i'm guessing itll be a nervous week for the tail order.

Mernda vs Banyule as well an interesting result, if Banyule get the runs than they go a long way in securing a finals berth.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

Can people jump on and talk cricket, some really interesting results this weekend, leading the way Greensy vs Lalor, yet another collapse from the stars! Whats going on? Can they hold on? The batsmen in would suggest they could be safe but i'm guessing itll be a nervous week for the tail order.

Mernda vs Banyule as well an interesting result, if Banyule get the runs than they go a long way in securing a finals berth.

Banyule are going to be up against it this week. Their batting hasn't set the world on fire this season, and with 4 of their top 5 run scorers this season either already out or not playing, it would have Mernda feeling like they're a massive show. In saying that, its only 96 runs. I'll tip Mernda by 5 runs.

Lalor have had a big stumble chasing the low total, but with the batting they have to come, they get the runs without too much of an issue.

Heidelberg and Eltham are both chasing pretty strong totals. Both should be good enough to get the runs, but are going to need to bat all day and well to get them.

Banyule are going to be up against it this week. Their batting hasn't set the world on fire this season, and with 4 of their top 5 run scorers this season either already out or not playing, it would have Mernda feeling like they're a massive show. In saying that, its only 96 runs. I'll tip Mernda by 5 runs.

Lalor have had a big stumble chasing the low total, but with the batting they have to come, they get the runs without too much of an issue.

Heidelberg and Eltham are both chasing pretty strong totals. Both should be good enough to get the runs, but are going to need to bat all day and well to get them.

If Mont win this week does anyone give them a chance at sneaking into the 4?

They've got to beat Eltham this week and then come up against Camrea, who they should beat comfortably, and Greensborough and Heidelberg who are both just above them on the ladder. So their destiny is in their own hands. They play the teams they need to knock out.

Based on the fact of who they play, and I can't see them winning all their matches, which they will probably need to do or close to. I don't think they make it this year. But they're on the up.

Don't think they'll win. Eltham should have the cattle to chase that total.
H'berg might struggle though. H'bridges problem is making more than 160 batting first. When they do, they usually win.
Lalor should win this week, and continue their charge for the finals.

You're being very kind to Eltham. They haven't scored 200 this season. I think Monty knock them over.
True, but that's a bit of a misleading stat, as they've only been knocked over for less than 200 once this season, against Lalor Stars. What is a more relevant stat, is that Eltham sits top of the ladder having lost only 1 game. They've also got the best bat in the comp. If you guys get Minney out I'm sure you'll like your chances a lot more.

True, but that's a bit of a misleading stat, as they've only been knocked over for less than 200 once this season, against Lalor Stars. What is a more relevant stat, is that Eltham sits top of the ladder having lost only 1 game. They've also got the best bat in the comp. If you guys get Minney out I'm sure you'll like your chances a lot more.

You don't even need to get Minney out to win. He's happy to bat all day and lose as long as it boosts his average.

You're being very kind to Eltham. They haven't scored 200 this season. I think Monty knock them over.

You're being very kind to Mont. They made 200 earlier in the year and failed to defend it. And bar NEW (lets be honest, they don't count) you've taken the least amount of wickets in the comp. We've also only lost 38 wickets across 7 innings.

Back