Feedback On Batting

Dear all,

I managed to film a quick batting session that took place the other day and was wondering if any of you have any feedback on it.

Thanks,
Tom

You have a good solid defensive base you can play back foot and front foot on side and off side but i recommend you try to get more power on your shots i know your only 13 or 14 but im 14 and i hit the ball harder when i play my shots especially on the front foot drives because you have a good technique but you won't get value for your shots if you don't hit the ball a bit harder.

nice! very impressed with the leg-glancing. All quite stylish.

I just wonder if you couldn't make some more decisive front-foot plays. e.g.
@0:45 seconds it looks a pretty full pitched ball to me, but you play back to it.
@1:30 very full pitch delivery which you play a backwards defensive to.
@3:00 overpitched yorker which I think could have been driven successfully with a good step forward.

Last edited:
You have a good solid defensive base you can play back foot and front foot on side and off side but i recommend you try to get more power on your shots i know your only 13 or 14 but im 14 and i hit the ball harder when i play my shots especially on the front foot drives because you have a good technique but you won't get value for your shots if you don't hit the ball a bit harder.
I would be careful with advice like that shahidpak. I think that should come as a consequence of technical practice. There's a real danger of ruining technique by * trying * to hit hard.

I would be careful with advice like that shahidpak. I think that should come as a consequence of technical practice. There's a real danger of ruining technique by * trying * to hit hard.
Well i hit it hard and i have a good technique maybe i didnt use the right words use energy from the bat lift

Edit: I've only just realised this is a revived thread! Amended for above.

Get your mate to underarm tennis balls or whatever and start already in position for the drive and just work on hitting through the line. Then from there you can start from your stance and move forward into the shot, or, have him drop feed them with you coming forward as they bounce a second time and drive.

Back