3rd ODI - South Africa v West Indies
Buffalo Park, East London

Sun Jan 25 (50 ovs)
4th ODI - South Africa v West Indies
St George's Park, Port Elizabeth

Wed Jan 28 (50 ovs)
5th ODI - South Africa v West Indies
SuperSport Park, Centurion

What a thrashing, first time I've noticed a Test team enforcing the follow on for quite a long time.

A moot performance for SA. Because they didn't win against Aus on home soil, and will have to wait quite a while for the next opportunity.

The one positive of West Indies cricket of late as been Kraigg Braithwaite. A really good player and is only 22 years of age.

Windies putting up a much better fight in the second test now, 2/147 in pursuit of South Africa's 8d/417.

It's hard not to have a bit of a chuckle at Benn's gangly bowling action.

SA should get a hand 1st innings lead here, 7 down 74 in front.

It's hard not to have a bit of a chuckle at Benn's gangly bowling action.

SA should get a hand 1st innings lead here, 7 down 74 in front.

Good bowler though, I rate Benn. He gets a lot of bounce and is able to toss the ball up well due to his height. Gee he'd be pretty handy in a much better side too I reckon.

Windies 2/42, trailing by 50 runs. Kraigg Brathwaite scored a seven to get off the mark too. He played a nice square drive off the back foot though point for three, the ball was thrown to de Villiers who threw the ball to Steyn at the striker's end but he couldn't gather so it went all the way to the boundary for four overthrows! Only the fourth time that has happened since 2001 apparently and Braithwaite becomes the first test player ever to get off the mark with a seven.

2nd ODI, AB de Villiers hits the fastest ODI fifty ever off 16 balls and then continues into the fastest hundred ever from just 31 balls. Now he's just out for 149 off only 44 balls with 9 fours and 16 sixes. Utterly ridiculous.

Well after all of that, South Africa finish with 2/439 which is the second highest ODI score in history and their highest ever. South Africa only needed eight off the last over to set a new record but de Villiers was out with two balls left and the final two balls were dots faced by Amla who batted the entire innings.

What an absolute caning though, pitch is a complete road but AB's hitting was spectacular to say the least. Rossouw (128), Amla (153*) and de Villiers (149) all finished with centuries while David Miller didn't score but didn't face a ball either.

And here come the bowling figures,

Taylor 1/95 (10)
Holder 0/91 (9)
Benn 0/49 (10)
Russell 1/78 (10)
Sammy 0/26 (4)
Samuels 0/28 (3)
Smith 0/68 (4)

Suliemann Benn bowled very well taking into account everyone else's figures. Take out his bowling and West Indies' went for 390 off 40 overs!

2/77 from 13 overs. Basically down to Smith and Samuels to see how close they can get. Would have to say Russell will be in next who would be their last hope.

Required rate is already 9.81 per over.

WI 2 for 122 and going ok ahead of where SA were at this stage but they accelerated freakishly with AB in the back end of the innings. Still they have put themselves in position to at least have a go at it.

Back