2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Ok, so there may not have been a game. But that is one very minor point to my post. It's not in the spirit of the game and a very poor look. I stand by everything I said.

Very shlt form Rosanna.

Tongs

Just for the record

The team selected had 4 regular H Grade players. The balance of the players came from:-

M Lewis -Barclay Shield
T. Cross - B & D Grade
M Vethecan - 2nd Grade Player
S. Visser - B Grade
T. Lewis - Former District 3rd Player
M. Cairns - D Grade
M. Crispe - D Grade

Just using the rules that have been laid down in front of them.

PS. Very slow Sunday morning

Last edited:
Tongs

Just for the record

The team selected had 4 regular H Grade players. The balance of the players came from:-

M Lewis - Money Shield
T. Cross - B & D Grade
S. Visser - B Grade
M. Cairns - D Grade
M. Crispe - D Grade

What Money Shield?

Tongs

Just for the record

M Lewis -Barclay Shield
T. Cross - B & D Grade
S. Visser - B Grade
M. Cairns - D Grade
M. Crispe - D Grade

I don't like seeing Barclay or Money shield players playing G/H Grade etc but that's not the point of this argument.

Taking out the fact this bloke played for Australia (which lets be honest, makes it worse). Putting a blokes name down on a H Grade team sheet knowing that either 1) he won't play, or 2) the game will be a walk over, purely to get him qualified to play in a Barclay Shield finals, may not be against the rules, but it is shlt form.

I don't like seeing Barclay or Money shield players playing G/H Grade etc but that's not the point of this argument.

Taking out the fact this bloke played for Australia (which lets be honest, makes it worse). Putting a blokes name down on a H Grade team sheet knowing that either 1) he won't play, or 2) the game will be a walk over, purely to get him qualified to play in a Barclay Shield finals, may not be against the rules, but it is shlt form.
Poor form is your reply to this topic. Rosanna have done nothing wrong. I hope they not only make the finals but win the flag with Lewis causing havoc.

Poor form is your reply to this topic. Rosanna have done nothing wrong. I hope they not only make the finals but win the flag with Lewis causing havoc.
Im sure the poor bloke thats given his all for the last 6 months will be rapt to learn he's the one to miss out for the bloke thats only played one game to date. Sounds good in theory but there is a lot more to it than that.

I hope the bloke who misses out on a spot in the finals walks out on the club. He's the one that would've played a handful of games to get them into the finals in the first place.

In the week after your ones bundled out 68, you're on here talking about how there's not many runs scored at your homeground?

Wow.

So your team's perfect is it? Besides, I'm not talking about us, I'm addressing the statement that said; every BS side would be scoring 300+ at our ground. That statement was funny then and hilarious now.

So your team's perfect is it? Besides, I'm not talking about us, I'm addressing the statement that said; every BS side would be scoring 300+ at our ground. That statement was funny then and hilarious now.

Do you know what statement was funny then, and is hilarious now? This quote:

"Bundoora United will win the flag" ~ Blackhawk 14/01/2015

Exactly 3 days before making the grand total of 68.

Well reading isn't all that hard PremiersAgain.

Poor Tongs, still hurting over losing the MS final to us last year? One bad day doesn't make a season. I'm completely confident our guys will bounce back tomorrow.

Well reading isn't all that hard PremiersAgain.

Poor Tongs, still hurting over losing the MS final to us last year? One bad day doesn't make a season. I'm completely confident our guys will bounce back tomorrow.

Just out of curiosity, who's in a bigger rut. Your ones with the bat, or you with the predictions?

Ah well, we've had our chances in several close finishes and done well for a side that has been out of BS for so long. Certainly haven't done as bad as some people were predicting (our bowlers being smashed for 300 every week at home) and we're only going to get better form here.

As for my rut; at least I'm not in a rut with the bat.

Ah well, we've had our chances in several close finishes and done well for a side that has been out of BS for so long. Certainly haven't done as bad as some people were predicting (our bowlers being smashed for 300 every week at home) and we're only going to get better form here.

As for my rut; at least I'm not in a rut with the bat.

You're right, your ones have actually held their own well this season, and will only benefit from their first season up in BS. Its pretty rare and so bloody tough to back up and play finals up there after winning the flag, so they shouldn't be disappointed and hopefully can only improve next year. But you don't help their cause. Every time you talk them up, they fail the next day. You might end up with a social media ban next year, or get offered up for a trade to another club. You could become their mascot.

Any takers?

What?!? You think some of my ideas are ridiculous then you spray me for actually expressing support for my team mates! I'd hate to see what you'd say if I wasn't supporting them. Go away....

What?!? You think some of my ideas are ridiculous then you spray me for actually expressing support for my team mates! I'd hate to see what you'd say if I wasn't supporting them. Go away....

Correction - I think most of your ideas are ridiculous. I like your enthusiasm for supporting your club, that's what this site is about, but when you get on spruiking about your club is going to win the flag, and they get rolled the next week, and subsequently miss the finals, you need to expect some backlash.

Back