The Lounge

You out that way for work or something?

I wanted to be a meteorologist when I was younger so I've always had a thing for weather and stuff. I've been scrolling through some of the temperatures that some towns have had over the past couple of days with the extreme heat the Pilbara and Gascoyne have had. Marble Bar got to 49 today, that is some serious heat. And they didn't even break their record!

I wanted to be a meteorologist when I was younger so I've always had a thing for weather and stuff. I've been scrolling through some of the temperatures that some towns have had over the past couple of days with the extreme heat the Pilbara and Gascoyne have had. Marble Bar got to 49 today, that is some serious heat. And they didn't even break their record!
It sure is. I just hope that there were no bushfires out that way.

DOn't like the arrogance of the Australian soccer community, so I'm not overly thrilled about the soccer team winning. But the way the Asian Cup is turning out, winning it seems to be in their destiny.

It interesting to note the hot weather in WA, which seems to be going longer than normal. Yet in Melbourne, I'm experiencing the coolest January I can remember. One or two days a week in the 30s, the rest in the 20s. Hardly a day 35+ too

Last edited:
One of the little kittens that the back neighbours is looking after is a cute little bengal. He is very playful and purrs really loudly.

Also the two dogs i was looking after are in this pic.
image.jpg
Rexy and Izzy. They are cocker spaniel cross with king charles cavileer spaniels. Rexy looks more like a springer spaniel.

It interesting to note the hot weather in WA, which seems to be going longer than normal. Yet in Melbourne, I'm experiencing the coolest January I can remember. One or two days a week in the 30s, the rest in the 20s. Hardly a day 35+ too

The summer has been around average here, January has been a little warmer than normal so far. Interesting to note that the BOM called for a cooler summer in WA whereas the rest of the southern capitals were supposed to have an above average summer. So far this month it's been the complete opposite, the southern capitals had a warm start but it has been quite cool since then whereas the heat has been a little bit above normal here.

Back