how to bat for spin bowling

use your feet if your confident or go back and watch the ball till the last moment.
Yeah, I go back and hit the ball at the last moment, but this means I can't get any power with the bat and there's 10 blokes all crowded around me waiting for a mistake or waiting me to get so frustrated at scoring one an over (If I'm lucky) I start swinging at it and then the inevitable happens. Any solutions for a number 11 batsman?

Yeah, I go back and hit the ball at the last moment, but this means I can't get any power with the bat and there's 10 blokes all crowded around me waiting for a mistake or waiting me to get so frustrated at scoring one an over (If I'm lucky) I start swinging at it and then the inevitable happens. Any solutions for a number 11 batsman?
Open the batting so you don't have to face spin ;)

Sorry that's possibly not the most helpful advice. I would say that there's no reason why the ball can't be hit firmly with a crisp fast shot, so it's got to be a technique issue. You don't have to make a huge heave to score singles, or even twos, and a well-timed wristy pull or cut might make it over the rope.

Back