Group A World Cup

England were beyond embarrassing, that was just pathetic. Broad's shot to get out was a disgrace, I honestly think he shouldn't be in the side. Their net run rate is almost -4 as well which means they might need to win all of their remaining games to qualify for the quarter finals.

I saw some of the highlights and Southee's bowling was unbelievably good.

Sounds like we will be very lucky to even see a single ball bowled tomorrow up at the GABBA..

There won't be any play at all. 54mm of rain fell in Brisbane yesterday, 73.8mm has fallen so far today with 30-100mm forecast for tomorrow. From what I saw there are pools of water on the outfield already which will only get worse with the persistent rain expected between now and game time tomorrow.

It's only further proof that cricket shouldn't be played in Brisbane after Christmas.

England were beyond embarrassing, that was just pathetic. Broad's shot to get out was a disgrace, I honestly think he shouldn't be in the side. Their net run rate is almost -4 as well which means they might need to win all of their remaining games to qualify for the quarter finals.

I saw some of the highlights and Southee's bowling was unbelievably good.

There won't be any play at all. 54mm of rain fell in Brisbane yesterday, 73.8mm has fallen so far today with 30-100mm forecast for tomorrow. From what I saw there are pools of water on the outfield already which will only get worse with the persistent rain expected between now and game time tomorrow.

It's only further proof that cricket shouldn't be played in Brisbane after Christmas.
I did hear that the gabba was underwater. Saw it on twitter as the players from the brisbane lions were telling us what was happening.

If today's australia vs bangladesh game is cancelled due to the awful weather conditions this is what will happen.
  • Both teams will get a point each
  • Tickets will be refunded as there is no spare day to play this match

If they were going to play a game up in Queensland at this time of year, surely there could have been some sort of contingency to play the game on another day or something. It's not as if the World Cup's schedule is 'jam packed' or anything..

Australian players warming up for today's game.

B-VOR3ECMAAEz2v.jpg

Still very, very wet around Brisbane. Even if the rain does stop (and it might as most of the rain is to the south east now) the ground staff will still need to make sure the outfield is suitable for play and given we've had almost 200mm of rain in three days that's going to prove difficult.

Unfortunately I think there'll be some showers around for most of the day preventing any play. It's disappointing that the rain is around but more so the fact that CA know what the weather is like in Brisbane at this time of year and the ICC still scheduled a game there.

Back