2014/2015 Barclay Shield

If it helps Tongs, I heard from someone who spoke to his old man this morning, that will be at Riverside next season. I did however hear that Callum Still may be at Panther place next season.

Brutal, you've been on here as long as me. We go through this every year with Eltham. How much of it actually is reality? I don't know why we are always linked to people.

Although, I'd be surprised if Cal left Lower Eltham.

Brutal, you've been on here as long as me. We go through this every year with Eltham. How much of it actually is reality? I don't know why we are always linked to people.

Although, I'd be surprised if Cal left Lower Eltham.
Yeah it was a bit of a tongue in cheek comment, but certainly heard it. Likewise don't believe he'd leave.

So Epping is the lucky loser. Thanks to Lower Eltham and Bundoora's appalling tactics. Notice both 2nd XI's lost anyway, good successful PR move by both clubs.

Anyone know the ground rankings, are we going to see another home GF in Barclay again

So Epping is the lucky loser. Thanks to Lower Eltham and Bundoora's appalling tactics. Notice both 2nd XI's lost anyway, good successful PR move by both clubs.

Anyone know the ground rankings, are we going to see another home GF in Barclay again
Unlucky winners more like it

My opinion is that Barclay will be held at Eltham, Money to be held at Lower Eltham, and B grade possibly at Hurstbridge

Tongs to Riverside?

Lalor and Mernda will be a huge contest. Don't think Lalor have beaten them for like 20 years or something like that! Premiers to come from that game I reckon. Apologies for posting on Barclay as couldn't be bothered deleting it!

My opinion is that Barclay will be held at Eltham, Money to be held at Lower Eltham, and B grade possibly at Hurstbridge
Would hope the Barclay GF would be at Eltham, but same issue presents as last season, should Eltham make Money GF. If Eltham are playing elsewhere, then no one to man facility.

Gotta give credit to diamond creek after all the controversies of the week and staring down the barrel rebounded with a win. Class act they are.
Couldnt agree more, they have just kept winning when seemingly down and out. Will be a cracking semi against Macleod, wouldnt be surprised to see the winner go all the way.

Would hope the Barclay GF would be at Eltham, but same issue presents as last season, should Eltham make Money GF. If Eltham are playing elsewhere, then no one to man facility.
I was told on the weekend that Barclay, Money and B to be played at neutral venues this year. It was a rule change brought in prior to this season.
Barclay would have to be at Eltham wouldnt it as ground and setting make for a great spectacle. Plus I hear there has been major works done on the terracing around the ground making it more spectator friendly. Can anyone confirm that?

I was told on the weekend that Barclay, Money and B to be played at neutral venues this year. It was a rule change brought in prior to this season.
Barclay would have to be at Eltham wouldnt it as ground and setting make for a great spectacle. Plus I hear there has been major works done on the terracing around the ground making it more spectator friendly. Can anyone confirm that?

I am not sure that it was a rule change? I am not sure what will happen in this event, but I do hope there is the same issue as last year as it will mean us in a Grand Final.

As for your question, yeah there has been a heap of work going on at Panther Place, with the front of the rooms being concreted (just the front of the rooms at this stage) so that the rocks are gone etc, and seating to be put in. Without blowing our trumpet, its going to be pretty bloody good.

Edit: You're right, the rules did change to reflect that the "Marquee games to be played at a neutral venue".

Last edited:
Huge whisper coming out of Epping with B Dobbin looking to be on the move, anyone else hear this that can confirm? If so might get a few of our young blokes to get into his ear!!
Imagine having Amos, Scott then Dobbin and Higgins.
Watch this space for more!!!!!!!!

I am not sure that it was a rule change? I am not sure what will happen in this event, but I do hope there is the same issue as last year as it will mean us in a Grand Final.

As for your question, yeah there has been a heap of work going on at Panther Place, with the front of the rooms being concreted (just the front of the rooms at this stage) so that the rocks are gone etc, and seating to be put in. Without blowing our trumpet, its going to be pretty bloody good.

Edit: You're right, the rules did change to reflect that the "Marquee games to be played at a neutral venue".
I went back to my 'source' who pointed me in the direction on the dvca website of the admin rules. I would never have found it !!!
Tucked away under semi finals and grand finals, 'Barclay Shield, Money Shield and B Grade Grand Finals will be played on the top 3 grounds as determined by the executive. When allocating Grand Final venues the executive will ensure it is a neutral venue between the competing clubs.'

Is it a review or a preview?
can you see into the future? You do kind of look like Biff out of Back to the Future.

Great write up mate. Really well done.

Back