The Lounge

Paralysis Ticks can be nasty. You might want to move your poultry to a shed of some kind to stop these ticks from happening.
Well at least they aren't paralysis ticks, thankfully we dont get them here. Found out that they are a poultry tick, they sleep in a shed but the bastards hide in cracks near where the chooks perch and then only come out only at night and suck their blood for a few minutes and then go back and hide during the day :eek:

Where are you working Brian, are you going to join a club while you're here and play this season?
I was merely thinking out loud. The idea of doing it is great. But's something I would've been better off doing in my early20s, had I thought of it. If you look at my posts on here, I'm already busy during the northern summer.

I'd like a dog, but they're too expensive. They've got this massive scam going on over here, where suddenly out of nowhere... mongrels e.g. two proper types of dogs bred together are now somehow accredited with being 'Proper dogs'. They even take it further by coming up with dumb names to just reinforce that they are completely taking the p**s.... 'Cockerpoo's' for instance and then they're trying to pass off these 'Mickey Mouse' mongrels as proper dogs and asking for top dollar prices for em!

I'd like a dog, but they're too expensive. They've got this massive scam going on over here, where suddenly out of nowhere... mongrels e.g. two proper types of dogs bred together are now somehow accredited with being 'Proper dogs'. They even take it further by coming up with dumb names to just reinforce that they are completely taking the p**s.... 'Cockerpoo's' for instance and then they're trying to pass off these 'Mickey Mouse' mongrels as proper dogs and asking for top dollar prices for em!
Go to your local pound and look for a puppy there. Adopting pets is the way to go

I like them but it's more the commitment and responsibility of owning one that puts me off getting one. It's enough just for us to worry about my chickens, cats and galahs when I want to go away from home for a few days at the moment!

I like them but it's more the commitment and responsibility of owning one that puts me off getting one. It's enough just for us to worry about my chickens, cats and galahs when I want to go away from home for a few days at the moment!

Similar to us, we all work or are at school, so there' no-one in the house between 9 and 3. We did look at the dog rescue option, but it soon became apparent that the dog rescue places are actually mental institutes for dogs. It seems that all the dogs are in there because they're either mental (had the equivalent of a break down) or they've been ill treated and nervous wrecks, which I guess is the same thing. If you did a little deeper it does seem that people buy the dogs as pups thinking it's a good idea and then it all starts to go wrong when they all go out to work. The dog left at home becomes distressed, starts tearing the house up and or crapping all over the place and the whole situation descends into chaos with the poor old dog then being taken to the mental institute (Dog rescue place). The conclusion is dogs and modern living e.g. every body having to go out and work all day simply doesn't work.

Similar to us, we all work or are at school, so there' no-one in the house between 9 and 3. We did look at the dog rescue option, but it soon became apparent that the dog rescue places are actually mental institutes for dogs. It seems that all the dogs are in there because they're either mental (had the equivalent of a break down) or they've been ill treated and nervous wrecks, which I guess is the same thing. If you did a little deeper it does seem that people buy the dogs as pups thinking it's a good idea and then it all starts to go wrong when they all go out to work. The dog left at home becomes distressed, starts tearing the house up and or crapping all over the place and the whole situation descends into chaos with the poor old dog then being taken to the mental institute (Dog rescue place). The conclusion is dogs and modern living e.g. every body having to go out and work all day simply doesn't work.
I knew some one that worked at a vets for a few years and they reckoned you just wouldn't believe the amount of peanuts that come in to put good dogs down for the most ridiculous reasons. And sometimes they were even quite expensive pure bred dogs. They would just take their money from them and even thought they aren't supposed to say they killed it but instead try and look for a home for most of them.

Went to the WAFL today and one of the Peel players grabbed to footy out of the centre and kicked it about 40m the wrong way lol. Outside of amateurs I can't recall ever seeing that before.

Back