Can You Comment My Batting

Disclaimer: I'm not a batting coach or expert. My comments are from the perspective of a fan.

You look very solid and confident for a 13-year-old! You've got a great technique and you've middled fair few balls, but your feet follow through on some shots as if you're overbalancing or hitting the ball too hard. As in, after you've hit the ball, your feet take one or two extra steps forward. Again, I'm not a batting coach, but that was the only negative thing (maybe it's not even negative, I don't know) that I noticed in an otherwise great batting display. Keep it up!

Balance fella! Your weight seems to be too far forward, causing the "walk" down the pitch. try to keep your head over the ball, but not too far. Nice technique, straight bat!

thanks Troll3y and Tumo,
I knew I was going a step or two forward.I am practising it when I do the shadow practice.I will send up another video with improvement.

Pretty good, but there are some changes you might want to consider. Let me start with the good stuff:

• You play with a straight bat, your top hand is in control and your back lift comes up at a good angle to play all round the ground.
  • You have a high backlift
  • You stay side on for off side shots as you hit the ball, and you open up well into the leg side, so your alignment is generally solid.
  • Your on drive is solid showing your are capable of keeping good balance.
Now let's look at some little things you mightwant to correct:

Your trigger move is your front foot going across your body. This closes you off and means you have to readjust to play on the leg side. In the video you get away with this because it's a gentle feed. Against a very fast bowler (especially inswing) you will be bowled or LBW in no time!

As has already been said, your weight is not going into the ball because your head is not far enough forward. Your head should lead into the shot and ideally be out in front of your foot. This isn't happening with you.

There are some drills on the pitchvision website if you want to do some specific corrective work.

You look good, but as i think other people have said, you move around a bit whilst playing the ball. I understand you arent at your full theight yet and may have to jump to get a few balls, but if you keep your feet still whist playing front and square of the wicket shots, you have a power base which equals power off the bat.

Yeah only thing is walking down the pitch
Iam 14 u bat like me i think when i was 13 i walked like u not as much but just work on defence and get throw down and just work on having ur back foot planted after thats a habit go back to atackin and getting bowled at

you move too much ...just stay where you are ...dont need to be extra efficient in order to show ur movement ....there are many players who dont move arround too much and still they are w.class ..like sehwag ...

A lot of your drives where in the air, you should try a loosen your bottom hand and let your top hand control the drive, and try to stay still when playing your shot be more balanced

Back