Elimination Stages World Cup (quarter Finals, Semi Finals And Finals)

Who do you think will win the world cup?

• South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• India

• Australia

• Pakistan

• New Zealand

• West Indies

Results are only viewable after voting.
It looks as if Adam Milne has been ruled out of the tournament. Matt Henry has been added to the squad as a replacement.

I'm secretly hoping they draft him straight into the semi-final but they'd need clearance from the ICC. :rolleyes:

So Henry has been granted clearance by the ICC.

Hesson has said there is a possibility that he could be drafted straight into the first eleven which would be a great element of surprise I feel..

It didn't occur to me til it was mentioned on radio. But the winner of tomorrow's game will mean a first time WC finalist. So for that reason alone, I'm excited about the final.

But I'm excited anyway, because I still have no idea who will be playing in the final, let alone winning it. There's a certain destiny for Australia. But then, there's a certain destiny for NZ as well! It's just their history isn't as big as Australia's. India have been here all summer and have not beaten Australia once. So the probability of beating Australia for the first time on Thursday is high, rendering the previous results insignificant. SA, so many WC heartbreaks. I think it'll be all the more sweeter for the Saffas to knock off Australia in Australia for their first win.

You can see all scenarios playing out. :thumbsu:

ICC World Cup Semi Finals

24 March: First Semi Final - New Zealand vs South Africa at Eden Park, Auckland (D/N)
26 March: Second Semi Final - Australia vs India at Sydney Cricket Ground (D/N)

Very impressive start from NZ with the ball to have SA 2 for 32, another wicket or 2 here and the jitters will really start running through the dressing room.

SA 3 for 175 off 34 overs, they are in a pretty strong position now. Kiwis need to somehow just find a way to peg them back or they are in for a daunting run chase.

Oh lucky AB, lands safe between almost 3 fielders..

6 of the last 13 overs need to be bowled by kiwi part timers, could get ugly if they somehow cant pinch a wicket.

Rain break break wont bother New Zealand here too much I think, anything to try and break SA's momentum at the moment.

Very handy 50 smashed by McCullum but he should have reigned it in after the start, still a lot of runs to get here..

And the match has swung back in favour towards NZ with Guptill and Taylor getting settled.

edit - That is until a stupid run out :rolleyes:

Back