Elimination Stages World Cup (quarter Finals, Semi Finals And Finals)

Who do you think will win the world cup?

• South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• India

• Australia

• Pakistan

• New Zealand

• West Indies

Results are only viewable after voting.
SA_choke.jpg

**** That was hot! Unbelievable! NZ in the final!

Tbf to the Saffas. I don't think they choked. How did they get in a position to win it? Game should've been over 5 overs before!

futureblackcap futureblackcap !!!!

I don't think they 'choked' but they really missed a couple of run out chances and a catch that should have been taken.

Also the rain interruption definitely helped New Zealand out a little bit.

What a game and what a finish! Well done to both teams, that was one of the best semi finals the World Cup has ever had I think. :thumbsu:

The selection of Grant Elliott has been a great call by the New Zealand selectors. A man in form in the domestic competition and now he has carried them into the World Cup final and he was Man of the Match as well. New Zealand will be buzzing as they head into their first ever World Cup final.

Another so close yet so far for South Africa. How many times is it going to take for them? When will they ever get to a final let alone win a major tournament? I don't think they choked at all in this series but they just can't seem to find a way in these big tournaments.

I don't think they 'choked' but they really missed a couple of run out chances and a catch that should have been taken.

Also the rain interruption definitely helped New Zealand out a little bit.

Kane Williamson would be thinking the same thing. Dropped de Villiers and the watched him unleash before it started raining. Would be thanking his lucky stars that the rain came as who knows what would have happened if de Villiers had the chance to face seven more overs.

Man oh man oh man.... What can I say??? Best match I've ever been to, need alone watched!!

So proud of the boys and the way NZ has gotten behind them. Hope Aussie can beat India and make for an epic final!

This is how I feel: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ha it must burn that it was a South African that sunk them as well! I don't know what de Villiers was doing when he only gave iirc one over to Tahir against Elliot, he looked a bit at sea against his leggies and he takes him off to bowl Duminy :confused:

Also late in the in the game the last ball of the penultimate over when the 2 fielders in the deep almost collided and the catch went down giving NZ a life, why the hell didn't Elliot and Vettori run a 3rd??

Call it what you like but South Africa's fielding was atrocious. How many chances did they need? Took none of them. And this is coming from the supposed 'best fielding side in the world'...

I know we didn't take all our chances but almost all of them were half chances except Ronchi's dropped catch which I'd put down to early nerves.

Having said all that. I do feel a little sorry for AB de Villiers... He's a class player and seems like a classy bloke too. I hope South Africa treat him with respect because he truly gave his all.

On Thursday at least one of either Warner and Finch better bloody do something, they don't inspire a lot of confidence as opening partners.

Back