General Chat 14/15

No way. 4 day GFs delivered in most Divisions. Great finish to the season when the game goes down to the last day.
Would you prefer the SECA finish at 4pm on day 1 and the ground is vacant day 2?
Not an ideal finish to the SECA but the VTCA has had its fair share of fizzers over the years aswell.. I'm more looking at adding to the finals series and hopefully keeping more teams alive longer into the season, just a thought.

No way. 4 day GFs delivered in most Divisions. Great finish to the season when the game goes down to the last day.
Would you prefer the SECA finish at 4pm on day 1 and the ground is vacant day 2?

True, but at least SECA is consistent in the way it plays its matches. They play one innings and they stay true to the format. They don't waste their time playing a second innings which only allows teams to get cheap runs, wickets and bonus points.

How many 4 day games were there during the season?

Has there been any further development on the new cricket structure that CV has been pushing?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/...tan-turf-cricket/story-fngnvocb-1227030306917

According to final ladder Tullamarine finished last in senior div, Does this mean they will get relegated?
can anybody confirm.

I think u'll find Tullamarine avoided relegation as it beat Airport West in the last round.
The pts for this game haven't been entered properly.
One they are Tulla will leap frog Airport West and Greenvale.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/north-west/tullamarine-all-rounder-david-zahorodni-crowned-top-vtca-senior-division-player-for-2014-15/story-fns1ii19-1227322615339

Senior Divison Team of the year;
1. Thilina MASMULLA (Sth Caulf)
549 runs @ 34.31
2. Dean PETER-BUDGE (Strathm)

522 runs @ 43.50
3. Ryan PRINGLE (Hampton)
536 runs @ 38.29; 11 wkts @ 36.09
4. Ash RUSSELL (Sth Caulfield)
657 runs @ 43.80; 22 wkts @ 19.86
5. Ian HEWETT (Beaumaris) Capt
518 runs @ 43.17; 12 wkts @ 21.50
6. Konrad KURTA (Yarrav Club)
632 runs @ 45.14; 30 wkts @ 17.43
7. David ZAHORODNI (Tulla)
531 runs @ 44.25; 31 wkts @ 15.10
8. Ben TUPPER (Yarrav Club) w/k
302 runs @ 25.17; 21 c & 1 st
9. Greg KENNEDY (Hopp Cross)
85 runs @ 14.17; 39 wkts @ 12.05
10. Sampath PERERA (Sth Caulf)
96 runs @ 8.73; 41 wkts @ 13.85
11. Chathura DARSHANA (Greenv)
64 runs @ 6.67; 42 wkts @ 18.14

un lucky Omissions;
Powell (Beauy) 532 runs @ 53.20
Cullen (Yarraville) 494 runs @ 70.37 & 8 wickets
Kassis (St Bernards) 522 runs @ 58 & 16 wickets

I think u'll find Tullamarine avoided relegation as it beat Airport West in the last round.
The pts for this game haven't been entered properly.
One they are Tulla will leap frog Airport West and Greenvale.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/north-west/tullamarine-all-rounder-david-zahorodni-crowned-top-vtca-senior-division-player-for-2014-15/story-fns1ii19-1227322615339

neither club entered its scores in by the deadline. As per VTCA rules these points do not count.

Thus, does this mean Tulla have been relegated?

Two down, two up are the rules. Chelsea will most likely not go up from the south - I wonder whether they will get relegated like Highett did last year? South A premiers two seasons ago, didn't want to be promoted to South, so they finished in South C1 playing against 3rd XIs.

Two down, two up are the rules. Chelsea will most likely not go up from the south - I wonder whether they will get relegated like Highett did last year? South A premiers two seasons ago, didn't want to be promoted to South, so they finished in South C1 playing against 3rd XIs.
Everything I heard said Highett were happy to go up, but wanted their 2nds to stay down given they had been smashed in most games - including being beaten 5 times outright in 7 completed 2 day games. VTCA said that if your 2nds don't go up, your 1s arent going up. They decided that it wasnt worth it to their club to have their 2s smashed by even more each week, so opted to stay down - and then they somehow ended up in C1, which may or may not have been their own choice

Senior Divison Team of the year;
1. Thilina MASMULLA (Sth Caulf)
549 runs @ 34.31
2. Dean PETER-BUDGE (Strathm)

522 runs @ 43.50
3. Ryan PRINGLE (Hampton)
536 runs @ 38.29; 11 wkts @ 36.09
4. Ash RUSSELL (Sth Caulfield)
657 runs @ 43.80; 22 wkts @ 19.86
5. Ian HEWETT (Beaumaris) Capt
518 runs @ 43.17; 12 wkts @ 21.50
6. Konrad KURTA (Yarrav Club)
632 runs @ 45.14; 30 wkts @ 17.43
7. David ZAHORODNI (Tulla)
531 runs @ 44.25; 31 wkts @ 15.10
8. Ben TUPPER (Yarrav Club) w/k
302 runs @ 25.17; 21 c & 1 st
9. Greg KENNEDY (Hopp Cross)
85 runs @ 14.17; 39 wkts @ 12.05
10. Sampath PERERA (Sth Caulf)
96 runs @ 8.73; 41 wkts @ 13.85
11. Chathura DARSHANA (Greenv)
64 runs @ 6.67; 42 wkts @ 18.14

un lucky Omissions;
Powell (Beauy) 532 runs @ 53.20
Cullen (Yarraville) 494 runs @ 70.37 & 8 wickets
Kassis (St Bernards) 522 runs @ 58 & 16 wickets
Geez - on those numbers (and let's be honest I reckon most captains would spend 5 minutes looking at MyCricket to pick their teams) Kassis would have to be stiff!!!

Everything I heard said Highett were happy to go up, but wanted their 2nds to stay down given they had been smashed in most games - including being beaten 5 times outright in 7 completed 2 day games. VTCA said that if your 2nds don't go up, your 1s arent going up. They decided that it wasnt worth it to their club to have their 2s smashed by even more each week, so opted to stay down - and then they somehow ended up in C1, which may or may not have been their own choice
Yeah, you're probably right. But I reckon Chelsea will be claiming that their 2nds would be too weak to play Senior Div. I would have thought that they would be invited last year when Old Mentonians dropped out (basically for the same reason) as runners-up, instead McKinnon who lost the semi-final went up. They seem to not like crossing the river down that way - it's a wonder we can get them to the other side of Mordialloc Creek!

Correct Chelsea have refused to play senior div, bonbeach will and good on them for having a crack at the top grade! I've heard Chelsea are claiming a few retirements and players not wanting to travel, told the Vtca they would move to ddca if they were forced to play senior div.

If Kingston Saints and Hawthorn merge I beleive Beaumaris will join subbies.. There's another gap to fill further weakening south. I've heard the south senior div 2nd XI's will return to make up some decent lower grades..

Yeah, you're probably right. But I reckon Chelsea will be claiming that their 2nds would be too weak to play Senior Div. I would have thought that they would be invited last year when Old Mentonians dropped out (basically for the same reason) as runners-up, instead McKinnon who lost the semi-final went up. They seem to not like crossing the river down that way - it's a wonder we can get them to the other side of Mordialloc Creek!
Plenty of other clubs in the same boat I reckon.
Tullamarine's seconds copped plenty of thrashings including at least one outright in a day. Can't be good to be on the end of that each week. Perhaps if the VTCA got rid of aligned seconds - oh wait.............

If Kingston Saints and Hawthorn merge I beleive Beaumaris will join subbies.. There's another gap to fill further weakening south. I've heard the south senior div 2nd XI's will return to make up some decent lower grades..
Joining the subbies is not an automatic, simple process - particularly given the current environment metro turf cricket finds itself in.

Joining the subbies is not an automatic, simple process - particularly given the current environment metro turf cricket finds itself in.
I beleive Beaumaris and a few other south clubs started the process sometime ago incase of something like this happened but anyway who knows.. As we have said before in aligned 2nd XIs would be a great for the south divisions let's hope it happens!

Joining subbies shouldnt be too hard for the right clubs with at least two and probably three vacancies coming up in the next 12 months.

So has the VTCA released their position on the CV metro proposal? And does it still have appeal without VSDCA clubs? Are VTCA clubs prepared to disband Senior division?

So has the VTCA released their position on the CV metro proposal? And does it still have appeal without VSDCA clubs? Are VTCA clubs prepared to disband Senior division?
The Leading Edge says "With a strong majority of our clubs recently rejecting the Cricket Victoria model of Turf Cricket regions ..." and continued "This is not to say that the VTCA have closed the door on Cricket Victoria completely moving forward, we have continued strong dialogue in recent weeks about other alternatives or models that may present themselves".

Back