The Lounge

Went to the WAFL today and one of the Peel players grabbed to footy out of the centre and kicked it about 40m the wrong way lol. Outside of amateurs I can't recall ever seeing that before.

Jamie McNamara did it for West Coast a few years back when he was listed with us. Funnily enough it happens more times than you think.

When I was playing amateurs I was bad for forgetting which way we were going after a break and would have to ask or look at which way or forwards were heading but thank god never actually kicked it the wrong way lol.

Jamie McNamara did it for West Coast a few years back when he was listed with us. Funnily enough it happens more times than you think.
Have seen this happen locally. It's embarrassing for the players that do it.
Started back umpiring last weekend. Back as a goal umpire. Had Buninyong vs Learmonth. Great weather for it. Buninyong were too strong for Learmonth and won by 5 goals.
Have got 2 games this weekend. Ballarat vs Lake Wendouree BFNL u/18.5's and Clunes vs Creswick chfl seniors. Both on Saturday.

Drove 280km from Melbourne to Deniliquin for the next round of motorkhana. Only to get to the course club gates and find out the meeting had been cancelled because of persistent rain turning the grounds into a bog. 560km round trip for no competition :oops: Got to hang around Echuca/Moama for a few hours on the way back. They're nice places, so it wasn't a complete waste of a trip.

The meeting may possibly be postponed for May 10. So that could mean rounds in consecutive weeks, with one being held on the 3rd.

Car's ready to go though. With adjustments made to my brakes, at my mechanic's judgement. He said for what I want to do, the Laser's brakes are small. So I'll finally end up having to put in hydraulic brakes anyway. But that's to come.

I have got the plumber in to clear the drain that leads from the toilet as it's blocked.
The smell has been unbearable for weeks. So gross

Had an awesome weekend umpiring footy. Good to be back in the swing of things. Had my goal umpires coach observe me which was great. I take feedback really well and by listening to my coach i know where to improve.

Aussie Rules, rugby union, rugby league or football (soccer)? :p I'm guessing you were meaning the Aussie Rules in Wellington though?

I didn't though.. I visited family over the weekend.
fair enough!
Yes I was meaning the stkilda vs carlton game at the cake tin (funny name for an oval) which was used for the AFL game.

fair enough!
Yes I was meaning the stkilda vs carlton game at the cake tin (funny name for an oval) which was used for the AFL game.

Yeah. To be fair, I'd probably only go to an Aussie Rules game if it was in Auckland where I live. I like what I have seen but we don't get much coverage of the sport here and I hardly know the rules..

Back