2014/2015 Money Shield

In my opinion I can't see them gaining much from him as a player, as mentioned the standard of bats have dropped off so I doubt their bowling will be an achillies heal. They did quite well last year with the ball, they had a few bad games with the bat which cost them but were never really chasing big scores

Yes, batting...

To answer your first question - Based on the new (shocking) proposal which I believe at this stage is still to go ahead, you're right. There will be NO PROMOTION from B grade. But there will obviously still be relegation to even out the numbers.

As for your Eltham comments. I am not sure how you play in a Semi Final, lose 1 player and the window shuts? I am not going to say that Gibbsy isn't a big loss, his stats alone show that to be the case, let alone what he provides the club off field. But it gives us an opportunity to bring in another player, or promote those within the club, giving some of the younger guys (4 players under 23 in our 1s) more responsibility.

But you're off the mark with your other comments. 2 of the guys that you mentioned to be "on the wrong side of 35" are both still a couple of years off 35. And as for Skips. Lets be honest, the comp is struggling for batsmen, and when Skips has just won yet another comp batting average (and aggregate) then its fair to say you should probably be writing off the youth of today and not a veteran as he clearly has plenty of ability regardless of age.

My thoughts on Elthams window shutting we're primarily based on both Scotty and Minney not playing and secondly on the older guys slowing down ,age hasn't been kind to them,maybe I should have a look in the mirror also lol,hence I asked that question about Minney playing first.
Never did I once write off off Minney,hell he will more than likely be in the best 3 bats in ten years time if he continues to play on.
Also I did mention that whilst it may be tough times ahead it could also be looked at to be exciting and by that I was referring to more younger guys getting a chance to play in the ones and seeing how they develop.
In the last 2 years under Scotty eltham have been able to keep their team together,that is having a very settled XI. Last year 9 players played at least 11 of the 12 and another played 10.In 13/14 you had 10 players play at least 12 of the 13 games!In the same time the 2nd Xl have dropped from "B" grade to "C" grade. Has the club overall improved or regressed in terms of development under Scotty? I guess in a cpl of years time that question will be answered.

Henkel to lower for 6k as ass coach without any coaching experience and with the likes of kels and a few other senior players gone big call for him wanting to improve his cricket at same level or has money talked!!!

Henkel to lower for 6k as ass coach without any coaching experience and with the likes of kels and a few other senior players gone big call for him wanting to improve his cricket at same level or has money talked!!!
I think the money may have talked. We spoke to him on the basis that we heard he wanted to play Barclay Shield. Would not have offered him anywhere near that.

The word is kels will be running around for another season,and playing against lowers side last year can't think of any senior players we played against,who's the few that have left?

As a boro man myself. I would just like to say all the best to henks and everyone else that has chosen to move on, thanks for the contribution you've made to our club it is sad to see you go, but you'll always have a lot of mates at boro.
What 'Ten of the Best' has said is in no way a general consensus of our club.
We are looking forward to next season and the challenges that the new season will bring.

Removing comments now that you've been caught out? Nice one champ!

Last edited:
"Ten of the Best"....Words can't describe how cowardly it is to try and tarnish a young mans name is on a public forum without really knowing the deeper details. Given you're a GCC player, your answer is pretty clear cut on why he left now. Why on earth would he continue associate with people as low as this calibre and now cowardly reputation hmm? His loyalty for 8-9 years at the age of 23 is outstanding and should be commended not questioned.

He leaves GCC with his held held high and with plenty of life long friends.

If you want the hard truth about the reasons he left, he is only a phone call away. His reasons are completely justified and relevant even though it wasn't what you expected. This in turn might put that bitter twisted mind at peace and stop acting like a fool and embarrassing an already struggling club, really poor form and only detrimental for its reputation. Hopefully you have the guts and humility to apologise for your conduct and be a real man.

Obviously not, if u say there are other reasons as u say there is...;)

Yep going to be much stronger,if kels stays on and with the 3 recruits they've got mixed in with smith and a few other young ones could be pushing a few of the top sides.

According to Lowers Facebook group they have a couple more major signings to come. Will be interesting to see who they are, any mail Warwick Todd?
Have also heard Kelsey a certain starter and Zarafa as well, they must of opened the war chest down there. I would imagine with what they have recruited and the youngsters having a couple of seasons of A grade under their belt they could be looking at finals.

According to Lowers Facebook group they have a couple more major signings to come. Will be interesting to see who they are, any mail Warwick Todd?
Have also heard Kelsey a certain starter and Zarafa as well, they must of opened the war chest down there. I would imagine with what they have recruited and the youngsters having a couple of seasons of A grade under their belt they could be looking at finals.
Niall Smith back for a whole season will be like an internal recruit, arguably the most promisingly young player.

Looking at this season gone, they'll need a few more to have a crack at finals. Its not like they've recruited any proven guns yet, although Henkel is a very good allrounder. What they've really added is some depth.

Niall Smith back for a whole season will be like an internal recruit, arguably the most promisingly young player.
Lower were pretty ordinary last year and Kelsey and Zerafa had only ok years so a couple of recruits may not be enough. Could take half a year to gel.
Lalor Stars have been the best team in MS for sometime now. Just need to get upstairs sorted come finals time

Back