New Zealand Tour Of England 15

futureblackcap

Looking forward to some more Test matches!

Test Squad:
Brendon McCullum, Corey Anderson, Trent Boult, Doug Bracewell, Mark Craig, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Luke Ronchi, Hamish Rutherford, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Neil Wagner, BJ Watling, Kane Williamson

Notables being: Inclusion of uncapped Matt Henry, return of Guptill to the Test side and the exclusion of Sodhi.

ODI and T20I Squads:
Brendon McCullum, Corey Anderson, Trent Boult, Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry, Tom Latham, Mitchell McClenaghan, Nathan McCullum, Adam Milne, Luke Ronchi, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson.

Notables: Inclusion of uncapped Mitchell Santer.

Shocked that Rutherford gets another life, even if he is just a backup. Henry is a no-brainer for the squad as is the recall of Guptill.

I guess with the tests being in the English spring any of the NZ legspinners would be surplus to requirements.

Colin Munro is very unlucky to miss out on the ODI & T20 squad.

I'm surprised Sodhi isn't there to be honest. I would have thought he'd be taken on tour given the English are not very good at playing leg-spin.

I'm surprised Sodhi isn't there to be honest. I would have thought he'd be taken on tour given the English are not very good at playing leg-spin.

I like Sodhi but the thing is, he's not the best leg spinner in the country. Todd Astle has had a great season for Canterbury and deserves another chance in my opinion. Sodhi has a lot of potential but I'm not sure developing him in the national side is the right way to go.

I like Sodhi but the thing is, he's not the best leg spinner in the country. Todd Astle has had a great season for Canterbury and deserves another chance in my opinion. Sodhi has a lot of potential but I'm not sure developing him in the national side is the right way to go.
Completely agree, Astle's out-bowled the other spinners across all formats. What is noticeable is that he has remodelled his action since his test debut and he now looks the goods. Helps he can bat as well.

New Zealand should be some sort of decent chance of winning this, wont get many opportunities better than this to beat England with their current pretty ordinary side.

You're right. Just had a look at the stats for the Plunket Shield, Astle has taken 44 wickets at 23.68 for the season while Sodhi has 21 at 42.23. So Astle is a fair way ahead there.

All i have to say is .... WOW. What a series this is gonna be. Surely you would back NZ after the form they are in and the confidence after their good performance at the wc i know its a different format but still i would be dissapointed if NZ didnt come away with the chocolates.

First day of the second warm-up washed out. Really hope they can get out and play and Guptill gets a bat..

Don't want them to go back to Rutherford.

Here is the pitch for the first test. Could be all over in 3 days!

CFcXS8IVIAABs1M.jpg

New Zealand won the toss and unsurprisingly decided to bowl first. England are 3/29 from 11 overs, Southee, Boult and Henry all have one wicket each. Lyth edged to the keeper while Ballance was caught by Southee at third slip. Cook tried a pull shot but got a feather through to Watling who has two catches.

Last edited:
4/30 now, Bell falls to a Tim Southee 2015 World Cup-esque unplayable inswinging delivery and loses his off stump.

Ben Stokes join Joe Root at the crease with a lot of work to do.

Best banter of the day (not exact quotes):

Warne - "And we have Curtly for the lunchtime interview who is currently hitting me on the head. (Jokingly) If he carries that on I'm going to chop off that thing on top of his head!"

Gower - (To Warne and in reference to his fake hair) "Careful, that's real hair you're talking about"

Back