2014/2015 Barclay Shield

I'm hearing that a certain club president, and very senior Barclay Shield player has decided to fly the coup....

Find it hard to believe he'd play elsewhere, unless some other mob has offered him the chance to bat at 8 or 9...

Tongs - I have it as "fact" that Cal Still knocked back north of 10k to coach you guys, you any closer to finding anybody?

Find it hard to believe he'd play elsewhere, unless some other mob has offered him the chance to bat at 8 or 9...

Tongs - I have it as "fact" that Cal Still knocked back north of 10k to coach you guys, you any closer to finding anybody?

I thought the same thing. But had heard it may be the case. That he may be joining Cal.

We've been somehow linked to Cal, but the Old Carey deal has apparently done for quite some time. So I'm not sure how we are involved, I guess it's just the standard - Eltham (insert player here) rumours we get.

You signed Burton on 20k yet?

I thought the same thing. But had heard it may be the case. That he may be joining Cal.

We've been somehow linked to Cal, but the Old Carey deal has apparently done for quite some time. So I'm not sure how we are involved, I guess it's just the standard - Eltham (insert player here) rumours we get.

You signed Burton on 20k yet?

So I'll take that as you haven't got a new coach and I was close to the mark on Cal ;)

Nope. $27,500 plus incentives and a MYKI card

Hear some silly figures bandied about this off-season, those are the silliest...
Unsure how LECC will cover 7 wickets @ 29...

Whispers from the south of the Valley are indicating that after 2 years of negotiations , the hard work behind the scenes in raising money to broker the deal have finally paid off , LECC opening batsman's cousin ,an ex international cricketer has committed to play for 2 years.

He is from Sri Lankan origin and has a hair do like SideShow Bob and bowls smoke ……can you confirm Opener 2

Whispers from the south of the Valley are indicating that after 2 years of negotiations , the hard work behind the scenes in raising money to broker the deal have finally paid off , LECC opening batsman's cousin ,an ex international cricketer has committed to play for 2 years.

He is from Sri Lankan origin and has a hair do like SideShow Bob and bowls smoke ……can you confirm Opener 2

you will still be a poo side

I know no one likes playing Sundays but how good would a stand alone game be every round. Macleod v Rosanna, Plenty v Riverside, Mernda v Epping, Lower Plenty v Monty. Split it across Barclay and Money and every team plays one Sunday a year.
Could be a great money spinner for home club and alternate it year after year.

What are everyone's thoughts on relegation this year? BU, LE, Research, OP. Maybe Bundoora. BU and OP are better suited to money shield.

Last edited:
Hearing rumours Simon sal and Trent Wellington have followed Cal to old Carey,if this is true what number club is this for Trent?,at least 4 in 5 years? Must be a real top bloke!

Hearing rumours Simon sal and Trent Wellington have followed Cal to old Carey,if this is true what number club is this for Trent?,at least 4 in 5 years? Must be a real top bloke!

I can confirm Cal has taken on the role at Old Carey and yep, I am and a few others are going with him. As for Trent, or anyone else who receives stick on here, does it really make you feel better to sh*tcan people on a website under an alias? In general, people have their own crosses to bear - you don't know what is going on in people's lives or the impact you might have by making the comments that you do - and to be honest i'd suggest you wouldn't make them to his face. In the last month I've seen some really ordinary comments on Mitch McAuley, Trent, Tom Burton, Luke Rosbrook, to name a few, who have been subjected to some seriously sh*t and uneducated comments. Must be some real top blokes amongst the posters here in that case. Grow up.

Well said simon too often the individual seems to be at fault when he leaves a club but u shud ask ur self maybe it's a reflection of the club when someone wants to leave there....

Well said simon too often the individual seems to be at fault when he leaves a club but u shud ask ur self maybe it's a reflection of the club when someone wants to leave there....

Naturally I think people would say "there can't be a problem with 4 clubs in 5 years"...its actually nowhere near that amount, but anyway... guys leave for a myriad of reasons. Opportunity, coin, mates, location to home and yep, differing opinions and/or dislikes of others. Different things drive different guys. I wouldn't say there's one driving factor in moving clubs either- probably a mix of things in most cases.

Naturally I think people would say "there can't be a problem with 4 clubs in 5 years"...its actually nowhere near that amount, but anyway... guys leave for a myriad of reasons. Opportunity, coin, mates, location to home and yep, differing opinions and/or dislikes of others. Different things drive different guys. I wouldn't say there's one driving factor in moving clubs either- probably a mix of things in most cases.

well you'd know! dont take the moral high ground just because you post under your own name, whether you take the bait or not is up to you..obviously not everyone does

well you'd know! dont take the moral high ground just because you post under your own name, whether you take the bait or not is up to you..obviously not everyone does

I would know. Each one of those factors has played a part in what I've done. What's your point? I haven't taken the moral high ground at all. Just said that making comments personal isn't really needed.

Back