New Zealand Tour Of England 15

New Zealand 2/337, trailing by only 52. Williamson is on 106, Taylor on 62.

Adam Milne is out of the one-day series due to a heel injury and has been replaced by Ben Wheeler. BJ Watling will be okay to bat as well if required after being hit on the knee and suffering some swelling yesterday although it looks as if he won't keep for the remainder of the match.

Rain has played spoiler for part of day three with a break of close to two hours due to the weather.

New Zealand have progressed to 9/515, Williamson was out for 132, Taylor made 62 and Watling is currently not out on 52. England have certainly helped NZ along today with 67 extras thus far in this innings which is third top score at the moment. It's also the most ever extras conceded in an innings at Lord's. So far there's been 26 byes, 34 leg byes, 6 wides and a no ball. Fair to say that Jos Buttler hasn't had a great time of it behind the stumps, not because his keeping has been poor but due to England's wayward bowling at times, so many times the ball has been sprayed down the leg side for byes.

And that's the end of that. Boult is out, he backs away and tries to smash this down the ground but skies the ball and Anderson takes a good catch running backwards at mid-on to give Stuart Broad his third wicket of the innings.

NZ are all out for 523, Watling finishes on 61 not out. The overall lead is 134 with 33 overs left in the day. I doubt we'll get all of those in but the Kiwis will be trying for as many as they can to try and take wickets late here.

England 2/30 from nine overs, trailing by 104 runs. Lyth edged behind again off Boult and Southee produced another World Cup-esque delivery to knock Ballance over for a 12-ball globe.

Still 22 overs left today however there's only just over 40 minutes left of play if they keep going for the full extra hour. Bell joins Captain Cook at the crease.

Hopefully Mark Craig can get is act together or he might be another NZ spinner with a short career! Bowled some utter crap.

Still unsure about a Southee, Boult, Henry attack, feels like it's lacking a workhorse.

Leaving that aside, how good were Cook and Root to get through the morning session?

Stokes, amazing.

Hopefully Mark Craig can get is act together or he might be another NZ spinner with a short career! Bowled some utter crap.

Still unsure about a Southee, Boult, Henry attack, feels like it's lacking a workhorse.

Leaving that aside, how good were Cook and Root to get through the morning session?

Stokes, amazing.

Unsure about Craig, bowls some good balls but his consistency is an issue and probably highlights why his first class average is 40.

Sodhi is the player most likely to fill that role although wrist spinners need a lot of patience..

Your seam attack is good, Boult and Southee are both workhorses although I think you need something different than Henry. I would play Milne and put more reliance on Anderson to bowl more overs...

Unsure about Craig, bowls some good balls but his consistency is an issue and probably highlights why his first class average is 40.

Sodhi is the player most likely to fill that role although wrist spinners need a lot of patience..

Your seam attack is good, Boult and Southee are both workhorses although I think you need something different than Henry. I would play Milne and put more reliance on Anderson to bowl more overs...
Actually I was thinking more of bowlers that can bowl when's there's nothing there'd can bowl long spells. I don't think Southee or Boult are ideal for that as we may end up bowling them into the ground. Them being largely just swing bowlers and all.

At this stage I don't think it is Sodhi, I think it's time for Todd Astle to make a comeback to the side:

Sodhi FC record - 39 matches 89 wickets at 47.76
Astle FC record - 89 matches 272 wickets at 33.76
And as a comparison...
Jeetan Patel - 189 matches 501 wickets at 37.12

Actually I was thinking more of bowlers that can bowl when's there's nothing there'd can bowl long spells. I don't think Southee or Boult are ideal for that as we may end up bowling them into the ground. Them being largely just swing bowlers and all.

At this stage I don't think it is Sodhi, I think it's time for Todd Astle to make a comeback to the side:

Sodhi FC record - 39 matches 89 wickets at 47.76
Astle FC record - 89 matches 272 wickets at 33.76
And as a comparison...
Jeetan Patel - 189 matches 501 wickets at 37.12

Yes I agree right now that Sohdi isn't the player you need him to be, New Zealand of late like to take gambles and I think they again should take one and pick and stay with a wrist spinner.

I was unaware of Astle but his record particularly in the last two years is quite significant. Seems a good fit.

I see your point about Boult and Southee, I think NZ have got to a point now performance wise where they can properly manage there bowling attack outside of priority matches Neesham, Mcclenaghan, Milne, Matt Henry, Wagner and Co can all do bulk work outside of these periods.

Craig seems a carbon copy of Bucko Martin...both tall, both can rip it and give it a lot of flight but both also are very inconsistent and bowl a lot of pies!

Totally agree on Astle! Best spinner not to have been given a fair go.

Early on day five and England are 6/455, leading by 321. Currently there are 84 overs left in the day.

Well England's innings came to a swift conclusion, all out for 478, a lead of 344.

However, New Zealand have got off to a poor start with the bat and are now 2/7 from four overs. 338 runs required from 73 overs.

Back