New Zealand Tour Of England 15

Great to see Mark Craig fight back and put in a decent bowling effort...but why didn't Cook and Lyth take him on? They had already put on a good opening partnership, if they had destroyed Craig NZ would've had to tire one the seamers out to repair the damage.

Agreed. From what I saw he was bowling a bit more consistently but there was no turn and they were just waiting on the bad ball rather than attacking him!

Another excellent day of Test cricket! It is a tragedy that there isn't at least one more Test in the series!

Great to see Southee bowling well again and getting a few wickets. Picking them up quickly in the morning was crucial.

Likewise, it was fantastic to see grit from most of the key batsmen in the 2ND innings of a Test! Watling take a bow, McCullum well done on making 6000 runs and a very much needed gritty knock, Guptill awesome to see him back up from the previous Test and Taylor, lovely to see you play with some freedom.

We should bat on and smash 20 or 30 more runs tomorrow (if the weather holds up) and then try and bowl England out in the best part of two days. With Cook in charge, I think they've already given up chasing lol. :)

New Zealand declared at 8/454, Watling scored a well made 120 with Guptill, McCullum and Craig all passing 50. England's bowling was ragged again with the innings run rate nearing five for the second time in the match. NZ's quick batting is one of the reasons why a result is still possible in this game.

England are 0/44 in reply, they need another 414 runs to win the game as we head into the final day.

Shortly after lunch England are 5/119. The Kiwis tore through England in the morning session, taking the wicket of Lyth before claiming the wickets of Ballance, Bell and Root in the space of about 10 minutes as England lost 3/1. Stokes was dismissed just before lunch to add to England's woes.

Cook remains at the crease on 41 not out. Boult and Craig are the leading wicket-takers for New Zealand with two each.

England 8/210 now, still needing another 245 runs for victory. Cook was out for 56, Ali made only two while Stuart Broad was bowled for 23. Buttler remains 44 not out and looks to be England's only chance of saving this match.

Williamson has proven a handful today with 3/15 from seven overs. 34 overs left today with no rain expected although it is a little windy.

Awesome stuff! First Test victory in England since 1999!

I'll say it again, the best thing about this team is they don't rely on one or two individuals. Williamson flopped with the bat in the 2nd Test but Watling stood up once again and Ronchi plus Henry stood up when they were given the chance.

I think I can safely now say that McCullum is the best captain we have ever had!

Hadn't seen a ball of the series. It was good for NZ to jag a win. Not really sure what to make of this in the lead up to The Ashes. Wood, from England? I've heard he can bowl 150kph? How does he go?

This was a good little series. ODI's should be interesting I think, particularly with England choosing to blood a few new players which is a positive step in my opinion.

Great result for NZ! Reckon they would've started favourites had there been a 3rd test given the momentum they would've taken away from Headingley.

If the Lords test had gone slightly different, they could've taken a comprehensive 2-0 victory away from this series, leaving England in all sorts of bother leading into the Ashes series. That said, they have some cause for concern right now and it will be interesting to see how the players adapt under the coaching of Trevor Bayliss.

All looks set for a great series too when the kiwi's visit Australia this (southern) summer.

The first ODI starts tomorrow. Will be interesting to see which bowlers the selectors choose. McClenaghan has certainly earned a match but Henry has done nothing wrong.

Have a feeling they will rest either Boult or Southee instead.

Could this series be the end of McClenaghan? Or will he do a Mark Craig and step up when the vultures start circling?

Amazing how good England can be when they just pick they best players (excluding KP of course).

Could this series be the end of McClenaghan? Or will he do a Mark Craig and step up when the vultures start circling?

Amazing how good England can be when they just pick they best players (excluding KP of course).
No I think McClenaghan will get an other shot.Hope so he does a mark craig.

Back