Unpopular Cricket Opinions

Oh just thought, one for no. 13

All spin bowlers whenever they attend their respective national academies must have their bowling actions recorded in Hi-Speed, hi definition from front, back and both sides with close-ups on their hands at release of the ball.

1. Shane Warne should get a proper job and take up where Terry Jenner left off.
2. Stuart Macgill should also get a proper job and compete against Warne (On price) for the best leg spin coach in the world.
3. Both Macgill and Warne should be contractually committed to spending at least a month a year in the UK putting on spin coaching events throughout the UK with one in Essex.
4. Boundaries should be made bigger.
5. Kids up to the age of 16 that pursue spin should be given a fair crack of the whip, 50% of overs bowled in any match should be allocated to spin bowling6. 6. Graeme Swanne is not a funny or comical man and should go and join a band and play covers in pubs.
7. All schools should have compulsory cricket lessons from the age of 5.
8. All schools should have high quality cricket net facilities both in and outdoors which should be open to the public at weekends.
9. Cricket should be shown live on TV for free with dedicated channels showing high quality high-light packages with an emphasis on the performances of spin bowlers.
10. Richie Benaud should somehow be cloned from some DNA that must be kicking around somewhere, so that we can look forward to more high quality insights and commentary for ever-more.
11. Kevin Pietersen should have his ego removed and be banned from social media.
12. All pro spin bowlers should be forced to spend at least 2 weeks a year working with amateur bowlers at clubs or spin coaching events subsidised by the government. During that 2 week period they have to commit to being on-line on Bigcricket answering questions and offering on-line advice.

Very good. :D :thumbsu:

Another to add to that list is bat dimensions/sizes should be restricted. I swear some of these blokes walking out to bat are holding a tree rather than a cricket bat.

Very good. :D :thumbsu:

Another to add to that list is bat dimensions/sizes should be restricted. I swear some of these blokes walking out to bat are holding a tree rather than a cricket bat.
Yeah, there should be an internationally agreed scale whereby in any form organised league cricket, as you reach a certain average in any year the following year you have to bat with a slightly narrower bat for the rest of the season... 1 cm? . If you maintain that average the following year another centimetre and so on.

No.14 - in all formats just prior to the game, the area in front of the batsman - say at about 5 metres from the stumps has to be raked and roughed up to give spinners a chance. Just a band about a metre deep the whole width of the cut strip. Any fast bowlers bowling onto it are no-balled.

Blimey I thought he was a kid!!! Oh... I'm mixing him up with Ashton Agar or whatever his name is - my mistake.

Well, they are both left-arm orthodox so I'll give you that. :p

As serviceable as Doherty has been, his time playing for Australia is close to finishing. At 33 with a record that isn't outstanding will probably see him be overtaken by some of the younger spinners coming through the limited overs ranks.

T20 isn't that bad but the IPL is a joke.
Most pitches nowadays are too flat, no seam movement, no spin, nothing.
If the switch hit is allowed, mankad run outs should be allowed too.
Slower balls should be used in tests more.
Hashim Amla is the best current South African batsman.
Kevin Pietersen should have played for South Africa.
LBWs are out if there is no inside edge and the ball is hitting the stumps, who cares where it bounced or where it hit the batsman.

Back