The Lounge

I have a question i have been thinking about for a while; what is the point of life? why are we all here?

Deeper than we normally get in here. :p Personally I think the meaning of life is for everyone to find their own purpose (I don't believe there is any single 'purpose of life'). For instance, for some it is to make lots of money, for others its to explore the world, for others its to have strong relationships and others its to live and fight for a cause etc. There is no right and wrong answer and what makes life amazing is you have so much freedom to have even more than one 'purpose'. If you work hard and dedicate your life to something then you'll likely get the results you are after.

Feel free to disagree or argue though. ;)

Brian Lara Brian Lara in my old 1990 Corolla when accelerating especially in 2nd it extremely sluggish to get going with it just revving for a moment. Is this just a worn gearbox or maybe a worn clutch slipping? The engine actually seems fine still goes up to 160km on the highway. It's a manual.

Not that I care much or would bother to fix it lol, just wondering out of interest.

I actually drive pretty slowly usually, heck apart from a fine for not indicating the first week I got my licence I've never even had any sort of ticket in 16 years of driving. A fair bit of luck in that no doubt but still.

152242_d56419fa85481b4a963b07155a0a2f0d.png

Just out of curiosity i am thinking of immigrating to new zealand (from oz), i was wondering if any kiwis can shed some light on wat the lifestyle is like there? Is it much different from oz?

Just out of curiosity i am thinking of immigrating to new zealand (from oz), i was wondering if any kiwis can shed some light on wat the lifestyle is like there? Is it much different from oz?

Laid back, smaller populations, friendly (not saying Australians aren't friendly :p), untapped beauty, ethnically diverse..

North Island if you like beaches and slightly bigger populations, South Island if you like quiet, mountains and untouched natural beauty.

Despite what the media says, housing prices in NZ are not over the top except if you are looking to buy in Auckland or Wellington, maybe Christchurch too.. There are places such as Tauranga where $300,000 would get you a perfectly nice house in a decent suburb.

It must be said that average wages are lower in New Zealand but if you are a businessmen or the entrepreneur type then it is actually easier to start and grow businesses in NZ.. Many people move over from the UK, accepting less salary in exchange for the chilled out lifestyle and the largely unpolluted cities.

It's mostly milder temperatures in summer (20-30) and certain areas rain a lot. But there are many beautiful spots at the backdoor of cities and a big difference is that it is much smaller geographically, and so it doesn't take long to drive to most places.

Hope that helps. :)

Back