2015 Ashes - Australia In England

I personally don't think he's got the same level of fight in him that he used to have, he's got kids now and that's rounded off the edges a bit.
Never had the edge. Was only ever a good bowler that took advantage of being part of some very good teams. Opportunity was there and he took it now there is this illusion that he was a great bowler.

Only one day to go, getting very excited.

ashes_CJTp_KIQWIAAuv_Q7.jpg

The pitch.

Forecast looks fine in Cardiff, pitch looks flat from all reports. Draw or Aussies on the 5th day?
Flat but is there anything in it for the bowlers? the toss will be important for England. I dare say they badly want to bat first or the series could be over in the first day.

All set up ready for tomorrow, you lot are going to have to watch the highlights or sit up late, I've got 5 weeks off now (Teacher), so, should be able to catch of a lot of it in between my own games and practicing with my kids in the paddock.

Think it's starts at about 6pm in WA which is a great time and I've been having trouble sleeping anyway so should be able to catch most of it.

My concern for England is their bowling actually. Broad is mud too often, Anderson for all his heralds - hardly takes wickets anymore, Finn is also average if he's picked and so it really does put a lot of pressure on Wood or Footit if he plays.

I'll facepalm if they play Ali over Rashid as the spinner. Ali will get smashed whereas Rashid could at least take wickets..

Facepalmed yet? :p

England 3/129 after winning the toss. They were 3/43 but Root and Ballance have batted pretty well since then.

Hazlewood, Lyon and Starc have a wicket each.

Not a bad start hopefully they'll get over 400 before all being bowled out. I think Ian Bell's got some work to do, his Test Cricket career is disappearing down the drain at the minute.

Mitch proof? That's a good one. I like it.

Joe Root has lived up to his increased reputation, which I only heard about since the last Ashes series.

Three cracking balls from Starc to get wickets. Sure, I may be an Aussie going for England. But when guys like both Mitch's get going, you can't do anythng but appreciate/respect their performance.

Back