2015 Ashes - Australia In England

He needs to go no question. Offers nothing with the ball in test match cricket anymore and consistently gets out in the 30's. Mitch Marsh really needs to be brought in.
In fairness to Mitch, he needs to be given a fair chance as well. To come in now with the team up against it will not be easy but it is a much better long term option.

Did anyone watch Have you been paying attention? last night? There was a question that featured Joe Root. They showed the contestants a picture of him grinning, after Cook got knocked int he balls. The host asked why he was smiling?

I think it was Ed Kavalee who responded with

"Shane Watson's about to bat?'

I pissed myself laughing!

Last edited:
In fairness to Mitch, he needs to be given a fair chance as well. To come in now with the team up against it will not be easy but it is a much better long term option.

It's about youth and also performance. Mitch Marsh hit a couple of centuries in the warm-up games and bowled pretty well while Watson hasn't done much of note for a long time. Watson is also 34 and has had enough time in the sun to show what he can do. Unfortunately for him he hasn't been able to do all that much and when he did it was not on a consistent basis. Marsh is also 10 years younger than Watson and potentially has at least 10 years at test level in front of him.

I agree that Marsh needs to given sufficient time, at least a year I think to see what he has to offer in the all-rounder role.

Well Watson is out.

Yep. Looks as if his omission is confirmed and Haddin is out as well for personal reasons. Mitch Marsh and Peter Nevill to come in, Nevill will be on debut.

Personally I think Haddin is on borrowed time.

Did anyone watch Have you been paying attention? last night? There was a question that featured Joe Root. They showed the contestants a picture of him grinning, after Cook got knocked int he balls. The host asked why he was smiling?

I think it was Ed Kavalee who responded with

"Shane Watson's about to bat?'

I pissed myself laughing!

It's a funny show, certainly more amusing than the endless amount of garbage that is on TV these days (reality shows etc).

Hope Australia bat first tonight. The last two Ashes series imo have been spoilt somewhat by the home team mostly winning the tosses, and obviously choosing to bat, which was most advantageous. I want to see a fair go throughout this series for both teams.

Australia won the toss and are 1/195 shortly after tea. Things started with a bang early but the wicket of Warner slowed the run rate by a fair bit. Rogers has made his way to 83 while Smith is 65 not out.

Back