2015 Ashes - Australia In England

Wow piled the runs on. Hopefully there is enough in the pitch to get a result and rain stays away.

With 1 wicket falling in the first 90 overs, I reckon it would be some effort for the Aussies to take 20 of their own.

Although a wearing pitch, and a little bit of pressure & mind games playing with the English could make it interesting!

Any danger the umps are going to get serious about Anderson running down the wicket in his follow through. Granted it may play into our hands if we are bowling last in this test match.

Any thoughts on the channel 9 coverage? i could care less about the MCC members in their bacon & egg colours, the long room, the lunches the players get served etc etc - how about a bit more thought & discussion on the current match and series?

If you had a drink every time they mentioned Lords and its amazing history you would have died last night.

Australia declared at 8/566, Smith got a double century and was eventually out for 215. Rogers got one of his own and was dismissed in the morning session for 173. Broad was the pick of the bowlers and finished with 4/83.

In reply England have collapsed horribly, slumping to 4/30 before recovering somewhat to be 4/65 currently. Lyth got a duck while Bell and Root couldn't get past one. Cook is not out on 17 while Stokes is 22 not out. Johnson has two wickets and has looked really good.

So England are 4/85 at stumps. Cook dropped anchor and is on 21 while Stokes played relatively positively and is 38 not out.

Day three is sure to be interesting when it begins.

Pretty funny after all the complaining about the pitch when the Poms finally get a go they fall to pieces.

Absolutely fantastic session of bowling from Australia though.

England have got to bat the day I reckon, to have a chance at drawing. Cook and Stokes probably have to do it on their own til at least most of the middle session.

England 8/306. Stokes and Cook put on a great stand before Mitch Marsh removed both of them after chopping on. Lyon claimed the wicket of Buttler who decided to walk after nicking behind. And not long ago Ali was trapped in front by Hazlewood only for Ali to try a Shane Watson-esque review to one that was absolutely plumb.

Hazlewood, Johnson and Marsh all have a couple of wickets for the Australians.

Back