2015 Ashes - Australia In England

And just as I say that, Hazlewood cleans rips Wood for 4, was a simple case of "you miss, I hit". 9/306 as Anderson walks to the crease with 61 needed to avoid the follow on. I'd say if Australia do get the chance to enforce it they probably won't anyway.

And that's the end of that. Broad takes a swing at Johnson but can only edge the ball behind and Shaun Marsh who is on as a substitute fielder takes a good catch at first slip. England all out for 312, in arrears by 254 runs.

It looks as if Australia are going to bat again as well as Rogers and Warner sprint off the field.

Anyone see the emotion of Cook, once he realised he was bowled? He really felt it.

That was awesome by Butler. He turned and walked straight away. Very happy with Marsh snaring Stokes and Cook. Very important wickets.
Haven't seen you since commentating the World Cup final. How are you?

Mitch Marsh is the single biggest reason that bats have to be regulated. I'm not sure of the first six. But that second one is another mis-hit that went into the stands. It reminded me of that innings against India in the Gabba I think it was.

It's BS!

Well Bell must be replaced now for England and Lyth is another big concern. Ballance needs runs also.

There will be some changes I think, very hard not to after what was a diabolical effort. 103 all out on a road is simply unacceptable.

Lyth is on borrowed time you'd think as is Bell. There was a lot of talk on espncricinfo about Alex Hales coming in to open with Cook, ala similiar to Rogers/Warner for Australia. Bell is certainly struggling at the moment and needs some runs. Ballance should get another couple of opportunities but needs to score a few runs as well.

Given the pitch they prepared for Lord's and Cook's comments after the match, I would say the pitch at Edgbaston will have a lot more in it for the bowlers. So I don't think there will be much respite for the batsmen, particularly England's lot.

Bell has credit in the bank. Don't know what's up with Lyth and Ballance. Wanna see a day 5 pitch on day 1 at Edgbaston. Two spinners. Dart them at the pads, and Australia are stuffed.

How can poms complain about KP, when Lyth, Ballance are in the team? How stupid are they?

Back