2014/2015 Barclay Shield

Being a coach in competitions like ours isn't that hard; just make sure everyone gets a bat, the bowlers get a bowl, you run a fielding drill and you crap on about valuing your wicket and working harder. Job done and hopefully you win a few games.

Being a coach in competitions like ours isn't that hard; just make sure everyone gets a bat, the bowlers get a bowl, you run a fielding drill and you crap on about valuing your wicket and working harder. Job done and hopefully you win a few games.

It astounds me that you're not getting hounded by every DVCA club to come coach their club with massive contract offers.

Eh, just the comment I'd expect from someone who lacks creativity and vision.

And I lack creativity...

Being a coach can be a tough gig when you try and implement change and you dont get buy in. Especially from people who really should if they want the opportunities they believe they deserve.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Old news I know. But this is the official announcement.

26 July 2015

Club Coach

Dear Members / Supporters,

It is with great pleasure that I can advise that David Alleyne has been appointed as our Club Coach for the next 3 seasons.

An Englishman, he has played County Cricket for Middlesex and Nottinghamshire, as a Wicketkeeper Batsman, having scored a 1st class hundred.

David also has 10+ years at Premier Cricket level in Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia, last year playing at Dandenong Cricket Club.

Off field, David has fulfilled roles as Assistant Coach at Richmond Cricket Club, Captain at Hawthorn / Monash University Cricket Club and Captain at Northcote Cricket Club.

David brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to our club and as a full time Cricket Coach running his own Business Future Stars Cricket Academy, will be in a position to provide our entire club with direction, focus and technique which I am sure will benefit both Senior and Juniors alike.

Working closely with Tom Burton, our Club Captain / Assistant Coach, and our Training Officer, David will provide structure and variety along with technology to ensure training sessions are engaging and beneficial for all participants.

David is intending to have a season away from playing however has committed to playing with RECCC for seasons 2016/2017, and 2017/2018.

We will be in contact shortly via Team App to outline our preseason sessions as we move into a very important and hopefully successful year.

Regards,

Sebastian Fitzpatrick

President

Research Eltham Collegians Cricket Club

Old news I know. But this is the official announcement.

26 July 2015

Club Coach

Dear Members / Supporters,

It is with great pleasure that I can advise that David Alleyne has been appointed as our Club Coach for the next 3 seasons.

An Englishman, he has played County Cricket for Middlesex and Nottinghamshire, as a Wicketkeeper Batsman, having scored a 1st class hundred.

David also has 10+ years at Premier Cricket level in Victoria, South Australia, and Western Australia, last year playing at Dandenong Cricket Club.

Off field, David has fulfilled roles as Assistant Coach at Richmond Cricket Club, Captain at Hawthorn / Monash University Cricket Club and Captain at Northcote Cricket Club.

David brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to our club and as a full time Cricket Coach running his own Business Future Stars Cricket Academy, will be in a position to provide our entire club with direction, focus and technique which I am sure will benefit both Senior and Juniors alike.

Working closely with Tom Burton, our Club Captain / Assistant Coach, and our Training Officer, David will provide structure and variety along with technology to ensure training sessions are engaging and beneficial for all participants.

David is intending to have a season away from playing however has committed to playing with RECCC for seasons 2016/2017, and 2017/2018.

We will be in contact shortly via Team App to outline our preseason sessions as we move into a very important and hopefully successful year.

Regards,

Sebastian Fitzpatrick

President

Research Eltham Collegians Cricket Club

From Cricinfo "David Alleyne is a wicketkeeper whose limitations with the bat have severely limited his opportunities."

Oppositions shouldn't be too worried then. I'm sure his batting limitations will get exposed.

From Cricinfo "David Alleyne is a wicketkeeper whose limitations with the bat have severely limited his opportunities."

Oppositions shouldn't be too worried then. I'm sure his batting limitations will get exposed.

Not too many blokes running around in the valley with a first class average of 30.

Not too many blokes running around in the valley, simply with an average of 30.

Jase Arnberger had a good first class average and we all know how that turned out

Made 700 runs at 40 across his two years. Then went into the DDCA and ECA and had a mixture of indifferent and very good years.

Having just averaged 30 in Prem 1s, David would probably think there's only one attack that might worry him. Rest will come down to if he can score on all weather wickets.

Back