2015 Ashes - Australia In England

Hopefully they approach it like any other match... It won't help Ireland's development if Australia treat it like a joke.
Turned out an interesting game with the weather. Our batsmen underperformed with some very weak dismissals. but overall they won strongly in the end having Ireland all out in the last over with still 23 to get.

George Bailey looked clueless when trying to bat out there, I think it might be getting close to when the selectors should look elsewhere.

Turned out an interesting game with the weather. Our batsmen underperformed with some very weak dismissals. but overall they won strongly in the end having Ireland all out in the last over with still 23 to get.

Fair effort from the Irish (my second team). I didn't see any of it, although looks like the weather and Duckworth Lewis did their best to ruin the day!

The weather essentially turned into a T20 which isn't ideal on Ireland's slow pitches..

Craig Young got smashed! That's the first time they've selected him in a match against a Test nation I believe.. Anyone who got to watch it see how he bowled? I'm told he doesn't have much pace by my Irish mates.

Ireland badly need to develop some pace bowlers of some caliber!

Ian Bell fails when his team fails, he also fails when others around him get scores such as Cook or Root.

He's a liability at the moment.

I'd be very surprised if Lyth got another Test as well.

Carberry was dropped after his Ashes series over here and he averaged early to mid 30's I think. Not looking good for Lyth at this stage.

Wow Poms having a massive cry over the Stokes dismissal, very clearly out for mine. His hand was nowhere near protecting his body.

A bit surprised and disappointed with the reaction to the Stokes dismissal.

The opening frame of the YouTube above shows Starc has a clear line to the stumps when throwing the ball, therefore Stokes has moved his hand into the line of the ball. On your bike son.

If he was so interested in self preservation, surely the best idea would've been to head for square leg?

Paul Collingwood's comments got a bit of air time - I don't think he is in any position to be getting on his soap box - he has form from an ODI vs NZ a few years back I think?

Definitely out. You can't throw your hand out to stop a ball like that with the ball so far away from the body.

Stokes may have been trying to protect himself but the ball wasn't going to hit him and probably would have hit the stumps.

Back