The Lounge

Shots fired! :p

11873670_1051365768207298_463488412648600686_n.jpg

What are the pavilions like in Aussie? I'm doing a project at the moment photographing Pavilions here in the UK looking at how they differ from location to location and to one another in relation to the socio-economic factors in the surrounding locality.
http://mpafirsteleven.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/cricket-pavillions-typology.html
Some are spectacular given the fact that they are in tiny villages and other are very basic considering they're situated in massive urban conurbations with dense populations.

Just generally shared the change rooms from the aussie rules footy clubs that were generally pretty shitty. Although now the local teams would have the use of a big new recreation centre they built a few years back which I'd say would be pretty good. The shared bar and function are is quite nice and big.

A few rounds of motorkhana have passed. Drove ****house in one. Missed the next due to a family thing. Was second in class of 3 competitors on Sunday. The positive I got from it despite few competitors was that I've managed to pip the multiple class champ on a couple of courses, which are the first times I've legitimately been quicker than him.

The class points means could be 3rd, 1 point behind a guy who I'll get before the season ends. It could be that I'm 4th, 1 point behind equal 2nd place. There's a rule where if you miss out on competing because you were helping the host car club by officiating, you receive maximum bonus points of 6. (6, 5, 4, 3, 2 for the first 5 places. 1 point for each place afterwards)

Big month, next month. The first weekend is the next round at Mt Gambier. Prelim weekend is the Australian championships at Bendigo :thumbsu:

Does anyone else not actually use a smartphone? I swear I'm the only person I know that still uses a normal one ha.

I had an old one for years and years until my dad got me a smartphone. Will never go back, it's practically better than my laptop haha.
They are too big and I'm notorious for breaking/losing phones, plus I can usually get back home out here if I really need to use the net during the day for something anyway. If I moved back to the city I would probably look at getting one though.

Up until a few months ago, I had a regular phone. But now have replaced it because it was really clapped out.

I'm in Mt Gambier atm, for Motorkhana. It rained for most of the day. But collected enough points to move into 2nd in class.

Aus championships in three weeks. It being held in Victoria is one thing. But I found out next year's will be held in WA. Understandably a lower percentage of competitors are from outside the host state. But because this will be a mammoth trip, I'm actually even more keen to go! To go that far, I'd have to start exploring my options to get there pretty soon.

Does anyone else not actually use a smartphone? I swear I'm the only person I know that still uses a normal one ha.
Yeah me, I've got a phone that cost me Four of our English pounds. I put £10 worth of credit on it about 2 years ago and I reckon there must still be £9.00 worth. I think I turned it on at the start of the cricket season here for some reason, but since then I guess it ran out of batteries, have not got a clue where it is and don't really care. I used to have flash ones back in the day when I was a freelance photographer, but hated them, you'd be driving and people would call you and expect to get a reply there and then.

The way I see it, is if you want to come and talk to me, come and see me or at worst case scenario call me on the proper phone, at least that way I'll be able to hear what you're saying. If I'm at work (I'm a photography lecturer surgically attached to a laptop) email me, or wait till I'm out of the lesson and back in the office. If they want me to be in touch by phone all the time - they'll have to buy me one. Then I'd probably leave it on my desk or somewhere. Humanity got by without them for quite a while, and besides there's evidence that the whole thing with being in touch or reachable 24-7 is psychologically damaging.

There's another really weird thing I've noticed with kids - especially young girls 16-25, they're traumatised by not having a phone, they say things like if I didn't have a phone I'd get raped or I'd be in danger which is a little worrying I'd say if most girls think that they're about to be raped or murdered. I find that an extremely dark outlook on society and it seems to be brought about through the use of phones.
upload_2015-9-10_0-25-52.jpeg
This is the one I've got.

Back