Australia In Bangladesh

nairbe

• Fri Oct 9 - Tue Oct 14:30 AEDT
    1st Test - Bangladesh v Australia Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, ChittagongLIVE

• Sat Oct 17 - Wed Oct 14:30 AEDT
    2nd Test - Bangladesh v Australia Shere Bangla National Stadium, MirpurLIVE
The start of a new series and a new era in Australian test cricket. I see the team has some rested, some injured and many who get their chance to show they have it. The squad is;

Steve Smith (capt), Adam Voges, Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Pat Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Stephen O’Keefe, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

• Fri Oct 9 - Tue Oct 14:30 AEDT
    1st Test - Bangladesh v Australia Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, ChittagongLIVE

• Sat Oct 17 - Wed Oct 14:30 AEDT
    2nd Test - Bangladesh v Australia Shere Bangla National Stadium, MirpurLIVE
The start of a new series and a new era in Australian test cricket. I see the team has some rested, some injured and many who get their chance to show they have it. The squad is;

Steve Smith (capt), Adam Voges, Cameron Bancroft, Joe Burns, Pat Cummins, Andrew Fekete, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Nevill, Stephen O’Keefe, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc

The exclusion of Ahmed and the inclusion of Fekete are probably the two biggest surprises..

Out with back stress fractures. He's played something like eight first-class games in four years.

I think Australia need to take their hands off and let him develop at domestic level. Eight FC games in four years and they expect him to be world class? It's not like Australia is short of pace with the likes of Johnson and Starc.

Out with back stress fractures. He's played something like eight first-class games in four years. Time to remodel his action you'd think.

Cummins' replacement for the tour is James Faulkner.
I thought they did change his action somewhat?

I think Australia need to take their hands off and let him develop at domestic level. Eight FC games in four years and they expect him to be world class? It's not like Australia is short of pace with the likes of Johnson and Starc.

Cummins is an elite talent who can bowl very quick but half the problem is that he can't get onto the park. I agree he should be spending considerable time at domestic level to prove his fitness before returning to the Australian fold.

I see he is aiming to return for the World T20 in March 2016. Hopefully he is able to play some games for the Sydney Thunder and New South Wales before then.

I thought they did change his action somewhat?

I don't think it has been fully remodeled from what I have read and looked at although I could be wrong. I see McDermott's comments the other day said he doesn't need a full rebuild of his action, more just a tweak here and there.

It's looking pretty likely that this tour will be cancelled due to the instability in Bangladesh revolving around an Italian national who was killed in a terrorist attack recently. The Australian government has also issued a travel warning for Bangladesh as well, advising citizens not to go there.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh-v-australia-2015-16/content/story/924479.html

In other news, the Australian squad members for this tour have been instructed to go back to their respective states for the Matador BBQ's One-Day Cup which begins next week. Steve Smith trained with New South Wales today.

Tour is officially postponed. Australian players will now play in the Matador Cup for their respective states. This could possibly be the most anticipated Australian domestic one-day cup ever.

Back