Leg Spinner And Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I've got a game this weekend with the Aussie women's team. It's a great opportunity to learn from some very knowledgeable people. I thought if you guys had any questions you'd like answered, this would be a great opportunity for me to get some answers for you from some really experienced players and coaching staff. So if you have any questions just ask away.

Hey guys, I've got a game this weekend with the Aussie women's team. It's a great opportunity to learn from some very knowledgeable people. I thought if you guys had any questions you'd like answered, this would be a great opportunity for me to get some answers for you from some really experienced players and coaching staff. So if you have any questions just ask away.
Sounds like a pretty cool experience. What do they do for their warm ups?

missed this- I had shed loads of questions! You should have promoted this far more than just here!

Sounds like a pretty cool experience. What do they do for their warm ups?
Yeah it was a great experience Dan, great way to learn a lot. And thanks for your question.
The team went for a jog and stretch before getting into specific warm ups.
After stretching the team split off into different groups to go work on specific skills that they would need to warm up for before the start of the game.
The slippers worked on slip catching, a coach would throw the ball to another coach who would edge the ball to the slip fielders.
In fielders practiced short catches and throwing back to the coach. As well as some ground fielding and high catches to finish off their warm up.
Bowlers either bowled in the nets or out next to the pitch, working on getting into a good rhythm.
The spinners did some work in the nets, but spent most of their warm up out in the middle working on spin and getting into a good rhythm.
Some batters worked on throw downs. But most batters had a good hit out in the turf nets facing bowlers and the side arm.
And the keeper did some work on catching standing back and focusing on power through the thighs and taking the ball on the inside hip and good balance and movement.
After everyone finished their warm ups the team came together with the coaches for a quick chat about the plans and to keep up the intensity and just to have fun and enjoy the game.

missed this- I had shed loads of questions! You should have promoted this far more than just here!
Hi Dave. Yeah it would have been a good idea. But nevertheless it was a great experience and I learned a lot from it. I spent a lot of time talking to the coaching staff and players trying to pick their brains and learn ad much as I could. I'm sure I could answer some of your questions Dave and I have some good contacts who would be able to elaborate on some of those answers.

G’day fellas, cricket season is starting over here in Australia. This year for my club we’ve got some exciting talent and experience coming over to play for us. Since his gig with the Queensland Bulls, Stuart Law has been signed to play a few games in 2nd grade this year. Sam Northeast or Fabian Cowdrey from Kent are set to come over and play for us, with Ivan Thomas who played against Australia in a tour game is also signed to play for us this year. Former New Zealand opening batter Peter Fulton and spin bowling all-rounder Alecz Day who played for Wellington is already over here for the first few rounds and current Queensland Bulls player James Bazley will vice-captain the 1st grade team. We have a few other international players coming over and some really good young talent from here already in the set up.

So we have a lot of experienced players set to play this season and it will be a great opportunity to play with and hopefully gain a lot knowledge from the experience of these players.

I’m also very interested to hear if you guys have any questions that I can ask these guys and hopefully get some really good answers for you.

Thanks guys and hopefully we can get lots of questions and good answers.

G’day fellas, cricket season is starting over here in Australia. This year for my club we’ve got some exciting talent and experience coming over to play for us. Since his gig with the Queensland Bulls, Stuart Law has been signed to play a few games in 2nd grade this year. Sam Northeast or Fabian Cowdrey from Kent are set to come over and play for us, with Ivan Thomas who played against Australia in a tour game is also signed to play for us this year. Former New Zealand opening batter Peter Fulton and spin bowling all-rounder Alecz Day who played for Wellington is already over here for the first few rounds and current Queensland Bulls player James Bazley will vice-captain the 1st grade team. We have a few other international players coming over and some really good young talent from here already in the set up.

So we have a lot of experienced players set to play this season and it will be a great opportunity to play with and hopefully gain a lot knowledge from the experience of these players.

I’m also very interested to hear if you guys have any questions that I can ask these guys and hopefully get some really good answers for you.

Thanks guys and hopefully we can get lots of questions and good answers.

Max, thanks for asking the previous set of questions. When you play next can you ask this one of the spin bowlers.

Would your experts agree that it's false economy not to address the bowling action first and foremost if you're serious about being a spin bowler? If you don't get the run up and action through the crease nailed early on in your bowling career, every other aspect of your bowling is going to be diminished and problematic? Therefore the common adage of spin the ball hard first and foremost is in fact a misnomer? Irrespective of whether you can spin the ball hard or not, if you can't land it on the cut strip what's the point and shouldn't you ensure a sound bowling action first and foremost as that will enhance any ability to get the fingers and wrist getting revs on the ball?

Cheers Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back