Cricket Albury/wodonga

Hey raider boi what 2nds and 3rds players you talking about that have left !!!!
Do 2nds and 3rds players really count as major losses now? You blokes really can't get enough of ragging out our club. Congrats to Daisy and Steve Coonan for leading our club through a turbulent time, I'm sure we'll come out on the other side the better for
Do 2nds and 3rds players really count as major losses now? You blokes really can't get enough of ragging out our club. Congrats to Daisy and Steve Coonan for leading our club through a turbulent time, I'm sure we'll come out on the other side the better for it.

Don't people on here have anything better to talk about than Marmo and the Raiders.
I don't know why you even bother talking about Marmo, he does the same thing every second year, so I don't understand why people even bother let it concern them. Who cares.
The raiders, obviously struggling to entice players to come to the club, as well as retain current players.
I'm sure they have people who care about the club in positions of importance involved with the club.
So let them battle there way through the tough times. Instead of kicking them when they are down.
There are so many fantastic things which happen in our competition, great players, amazing matches, the best big bash set up for a regional comp in Australia, a great rep side and so on....
There are 5+ new coaches in the league this year, a number of players coming and going,
We are less than 3 weeks out from what will be another great season for CAW so how's about we focus on some positives on this site instead of continued negativity

I'll try and change the topic by having a go at a ladder, leading run scorer, premier.

LADDER-
Tallangatta
Wodonga
Lavington
Belvoir
North Albury
Albury
New City
St.Pats
East Albury
Raiders

Leading Run Scorer - Kade Brown

Leading Wicket Taker - Darcy I'Anson

Premier - Tallangatta

Ok I'll give it a crack.
Tallangatta - Ball's got the easiest coaching job. But winning depends on imports and Woodsy. If they play or not. Ball should make bucket loads up there.
Lavi- May have lost a couple but are always in the mix.
Albury- Landed to big fish. If they fire they have a good line up.
North- Expect a solid season from them. With a great mix of juniors and veterans.
Wodonga- Pretty quiet at the kennel but if they have lost a few from the jackson 5 . Who can cover them plus it comes down to how many runs Jackson makes.
Belvoir- Always around this make on the ladder. Need someone to take the bowling duties of Eggy and the other spinner. They need to make runs early and give the bowlers a good target.
St Pats- Losing restall and Butters isn't great but still have a few veterans in Lade and Noughtan. Hopefully Stevens plays well with out the pressure.
East- Ok sounds like they have not much left. Imports will be the key along will guys stepping up. Not sure how they will go really .
New City- Been pretty quiet except for new coach. Not sure who he will bring but they have some handy kids.
Raiders- Will win a game by the end of the season. Hopefully a few come back but if they want to leave let them go.

Run scorer- Ball
Wicket Taker- Kileen Raiders
Premier- Lavi

District
Mt Beauty
Eskdale
Kiewa
Yack
wodonga
Barnaduda
Bethanga
Barny
Howlong

It's just a guess but who knows. I hope CAW get rid of the non bat non bowl rule. And make it 50 over cricket for A Grade.

Do 2nds and 3rds players really count as major losses now? You blokes really can't get enough of ragging out our club. Congrats to Daisy and Steve Coonan for leading our club through a turbulent time, I'm sure we'll come out on the other side the better for it.

no wonder your club is crap at the moment with that attitude!!!!! 2nds and 3nds are very important coz they do more around the club than the 1nds players usually. if you dont have 2nds and 3nds players you dont have a club! improve your club atittude and your club will imporve!!!

no wonder your club is crap at the moment with that attitude!!!!! 2nds and 3nds are very important coz they do more around the club than the 1nds players usually. if you dont have 2nds and 3nds players you dont have a club! improve your club atittude and your club will imporve!!!
No offence is intended on the blokes ability or personally, they are good fellas and we wish them nothing but the best but we are talking about 1st grade arrivals/departures not blokes who play 2nds or 3rds who are leaving clubs. Blokes in the lower grades are an integral part of any club's make up and ours is no exception with many who serve committee/junior coaching roles but rightly or wrongly however club's are judged on their 1st grade performance's not how they fair in their lower grades.

Another club set to be ruined

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Well marmo cant be totally to blame for the plight of the raiders, one of the blokes to have walked out on them this season has a lot to answer for as he brought that filth to the club and was in charge when the club was in a strong position both on and off ( financially) field now look at it ! He was also pulling the strings in the background to stab marmo in the back then promised to be there once he was gone then dogged the club and went to a club nth of the border, in the past he was one of the loudest voices attacked players for walking out on the club quite harshly Dickson , Head, Younger just to name a couple. Short memory hey mate !!!!!

Remembering one of his catch phrases " no friends " well Jenno you have achieved that congratulations.
Good riddance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Well marmo cant be totally to blame for the plight of the raiders, one of the blokes to have walked out on them this season has a lot to answer for as he brought that filth to the club and was in charge when the club was in a strong position both on and off ( financially) field now look at it ! He was also pulling the strings in the background to stab marmo in the back then promised to be there once he was gone then dogged the club and went to a club nth of the border, in the past he was one of the loudest voices attacked players for walking out on the club quite harshly Dickson , Head, Younger just to name a couple. Short memory hey mate !!!!!

Remembering one of his catch phrases " no friends " well Jenno you have achieved that congratulations.
Good riddance

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I notice Jon Carson has also left Raiders. Isn't/wasn't his father the President? Can you enlighten us on that move ontheinside or raider boi?

Guys, personal attacks on individuals on BigCricket won't be tolerated, especially on those who aren't members of this forum.

Let's keep the chat in here on cricket only and steer away from verbally attacking other members/players of the Albury/Wodonga region. Any further inflammatory posts will also see members earn a short holiday from the site.

Thanks guys.

Great start for rep cricket, 0/3 in Konica cup over the weekend.
Anyone know who did what, Any players stand out ?
Did we take our best side possible ?
Pretty disappointing start.

Great start for rep cricket, 0/3 in Konica cup over the weekend.
Anyone know who did what, Any players stand out ?
Did we take our best side possible ?
Pretty disappointing start.

on paper it doesnt look to be our best side, but i think its a step in the right direction for our league. some new and young and fresh faces in the team. we may not win it this year but maybe next year. i did notice tball got 0,27,0 surely he wont get picked for tje next game?

on paper it doesnt look to be our best side, but i think its a step in the right direction for our league. some new and young and fresh faces in the team. we may not win it this year but maybe next year. i did notice tball got 0,27,0 surely he wont get picked for tje next game?

By the look of the paper today it looks as though he is cemented as captain.
The side will obviously be very similar on Sunday id imagine.

Round 1 this weekend looks to be a few crackers in front of us. I'll be doing the rounds & try & get a sneak peak of as many games I can.

My tips this week-
Lavington over pats
Wodonga to beat Albury
Tallangatta over East
Belvior against new city
North over raiders.

Big season ahead
Popko most runs
White most wickets
Tallangatta back to back

By the look of the paper today it looks as though he is cemented as captain.
The side will obviously be very similar on Sunday id imagine.

Round 1 this weekend looks to be a few crackers in front of us. I'll be doing the rounds & try & get a sneak peak of as many games I can.

My tips this week-
Lavington over pats
Wodonga to beat Albury
Tallangatta over East
Belvior against new city
North over raiders.

Big season ahead
Popko most runs
White most wickets
Tallangatta back to back
He shouldn't be cemented as anything !
Possibly shouldn't even be in the side.

I appreciate that the Raiders are going through a hard time with things that have happened off season, but todays results are not good for the Prov First Grade competition (or second grade). The club were an average District side before moving back to the Prov comp, and now they are going to be the 'bye' team to play against. I just can't see how you can keep guys at a club that are going to get flogged every week, because it is not fun!!!

Good luck to the club, it is going to take some bloody hard work to recover!

Lot of cricket clubs seem to be struggling for players in the first couple of weeks of the year. Tough when footy clubs have away trips and long weekends around the border area.

A positive sign for the Raiders though is a couple of their young kids, yes they're struggling but to have a 17-18 year old kid in Josh Barrett, open the batting and hold his own considering he's a bowler, and then open the bowling and take multiple wickets, it's something at least. But yeah the Raiders are in a lot of trouble, can't see them in provincial next season!

Back