2015/2016 Money Shield Thread

Round 1 Tips:

Banyule vs Lalor -
A bit of a shame to have such a good game first up when they're no doubt a bit rusty, I see them both playing finals or there abouts. Being a one day game, and having batsmen that can change the game quickly, Lalor get the chocolates without too much of a worry.

Greensborough vs Heidelberg -
I'm expecting Greensborough to have a pretty lean year with a few outs, and not a heap of ins. Heidelberg on the other hand, with the influx of strong leadership should see them have a reasonable year. Heidelberg comfortably.

Hurstbridge vs Mill Park
Not sure what to make of this game. On last year's form, you have Hurstbridge getting the win over Mill Park, who seem to have recruited more than a few to fill the side that only just starved off relegation. Whilst there is not much news out of Hurstbridge, who have lost Earp. I'll take Mill Park as my smokey to get the points.

Montmorency vs Lower Plenty
The local derby first up, and wouldn't they both like to start the season off by beating their traditional rivals. But is it actually Lower Plenty, or Greensborough playing Monty? Looking possible starting line ups, you wouldn't know. Based on their recruiting, I will take Greensborough Lower Plenty in a close one.

NEW vs Camrea
NEW have come down a grade, with their MS team also being relegated. So that means two top grade teams now will need to fit into one side. I see NEW being reasonably strong this year, whereas Camrea seem to be at the other end of the scale. If reports are true, it could be a very long year for Camrea (Or short if they don't get the numbers). NEW to beat up on an undermanned team.

Whit vs Eltham
Congratulations to Whittlesea on promotion from B Grade after a really strong season last year. Other than that, I don't have much more positives for them. With no word on recruitment, bar gaining the 3 players that left the club only 3 weeks earlier, I see them fighting off relegation with Camrea and Greensborough this year. Eltham to start the season off with a comfortable win.

Good luck to everyone playing this week.

Shouldn't this preview be in the 2015/2016 thread?

I think you're showing a bias towards Eltham.

Losing Gibbs' 57 wickets and replacing them with Chippa's 57 no balls is a big loss. I'm thinking Eltham won't have too many comfortable wins.

Last October I successfully selected the Winner and Relegation for 2014/15 - Mernda and NEW.

This year Toddy thinks the premiers will be Banyule. As for relegation, if three are going down, I'm tipping Mill Park, Whittlesea and Camrea.

Shouldn't this preview be in the 2015/2016 thread?

I think you're showing a bias towards Eltham.

Losing Gibbs' 57 wickets and replacing them with Chippa's 57 no balls is a big loss. I'm thinking Eltham won't have too many comfortable wins.

Last October I successfully selected the Winner and Relegation for 2014/15 - Mernda and NEW.

This year Toddy thinks the premiers will be Banyule. As for relegation, if three are going down, I'm tipping Mill Park, Whittlesea and Camrea.

Tip him as the grade's massive improver if he cuts the no balls down to 57. :p

Hurstbridge vs Mill Park
Not sure what to make of this game. On last year's form, you have Hurstbridge getting the win over Mill Park, who seem to have recruited more than a few to fill the side that only just starved off relegation. Whilst there is not much news out of Hurstbridge, who have lost Earp. I'll take Mill Park as my smokey to get the points.

Have heard Mill Park have picked up a 1st grade cricketer from Sydney who has moved down for work, sounds like a handy player.

Hurstbridge vs Mill Park

Have heard Mill Park have picked up a 1st grade cricketer from Sydney who has moved down for work, sounds like a handy player.

If you moved down to Melbourne from Sydney, why would you live in Mill Park!

Hurstbridge vs Mill Park

Would be a big pick up, if you can pick up a Grade cricketer as a walk in. Had a flick through the clearances and saw a guy who'd played a little bit of Canberra grade cricket. So maybe a little bit of mayo on that one?

That's inexcusable , elthams bowling looks very light on for mine, donno skips and 12 ball an over chippa makes for very easy reading.will struggle against the top sides

After looking at the scores last week I wasn't really surprised apart from burra lalor,the burra looked to have had a great day1 this week lalor back to best form winning comfortabley!

Only early days but is anyone surprised by any team performances so far?any six sides could make the 4,hard to decide that 3rd/4th spot atm

After stepping up as skipper For eltham chrimes has looked to be in red hot form getting a couple of good scores,Henkel also for lower looking like the change has done him some good getting a couple of good scores also

After looking at the scores last week I wasn't really surprised apart from burra lalor,the burra looked to have had a great day1 this week lalor back to best form winning comfortabley!

Only early days but is anyone surprised by any team performances so far?any six sides could make the 4,hard to decide that 3rd/4th spot atm
Who you locked in for 1st/2nd then?

Personally I think lalor and North could take the top 2 that leaves burg/eltham/banyule/lower/ to fight it out,going to be a real tight season probably stating the obvious thoughts?

Last edited:
Back